• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson SC cleaning liquid

chris20630

I bought a s40 after years of Mutoh valuejets. Do you use expensive Epson ink cleaner or normal solvent ink cleaner liquid?
Thank you

Saturn

Aging Member
I had the same dilemma when I went from Mutoh to Epson, but honestly the Epson makes 5% of the mess the Mutoh did, so you'll probably find you're fine either way.

I don't believe you can go wrong using cheaper stuff, but I'm pretty sure I could get 3+ years out of one $36 Epson bottle.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
It took us 5 years to get through the bottle that came with our S80600 and that has double the amount of heads to clean. It's hardly fair labelling it as expensive considering it lasts so long.

chris20630

Ok thank you both, better I should wait on printer to be delivered next week (I saw a german price in web, maybe wrong)

frankzilla

The original bottle will last years. The replacement bottle will probably go through several price increases until you buy it, and then that will last for years. Not sure if you will still have the printer at the end of the 2nd bottle, but if so, the 3rd bottle will be even more expensive than the 2nd. The nominal difference, it is no use getting the non-Epson one in case the formula is anything different that messes anything up during the initial or extended warranty periods.

The question I would ask is about ink savings. But given issues with generics, more head cleaning, and head replacements, just stay with the original Epson ink, you'll break even with fewer issues and headaches.

The only savings left to explore is taking power from your neighbors to run the printer, and buying media in bulk.

ProColorGraphics

I am still going through the left over cleaning cartridges they used during the install... from 5 years ago. haha. I just empty them into a glass jar and use those.

frankzilla

Yep that's another way. Sometimes the chips in the cleaning cartridges read wrong and it thinks it's empty but obviously isn't, you can rip them open and pour out leftovers. Will last you forever.