• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson surecolor S40 vertical banding

datoshway

Been having this issue with my S40 for a few months now more noticeable on vibrant colors. They are somewhat evenly spaced. I’ve tried heavy cleanings, manual cleaning, replaced the damper pad. Not sure what else’s could be going on. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 07CC0582-5AC3-4F57-8552-BE833F8D97B8.jpeg
    07CC0582-5AC3-4F57-8552-BE833F8D97B8.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 317

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
It this all on the same roll of media or do you get it on others?
I can't say I've seen this happen on our S80 (yet) after ~5 years of printing.
Have you tried to run a media calibration? It should adjust both axes of print.

mim

0_o
Check your heat settings. I just had a print come out looking like that on our s80 and it appeared to be because of a high heat setting + using overprints

swordguy3222

If your pre-heat is too high for that type of media, and roller pressure is high as well, then it would cause this. Don't run pre-heat higher then 30, I run it off for some of my media's. Give that a try.

Saturn

Aging Member
I would try a low pre-heat AND a high pre-heat. If the temperature and material are causing waviness, you should be able to see it laying just barely "not flat" as it comes onto the platen and can adjust accordingly.

Running something unidirectional would be another quick test if you're normally bidirectional and are fighting wavy material.