• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Surecolor V7000 Price is great but maybe someone can answer this

Voyage Print

So we got a quote for the Surecolor v7000 which honestly very impressed with the specs and since we are upgrading from an OCE 550gt this seems like a good economical jump, however, the price quoted is 67K which come on what a great price, I scroll down there is all these other fees like installation plan (which says epson required which is 12 grand, another 5 year warranty plan that also says required which is 7 grand all the based inks etc. grand total 95K. Mind you we want to pay cash for this, and given that we have our own technical company why in the hell would anyone spend nearly half the sticker price of this printer on all these other fees. ? Has anyone got an opinion on this printer? I mean 95K is still a decent price compare, but I feel like we are being a bit taken here. Thoughts?

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
$12k sounds reasonable for installation. Not sure why they would require an extended warranty, but $7k for a 5 year warranty sounds pretty good. Repairs bills on these printers can add up quick. The printer was supposed to be $100k when they introduced it, so $95k sounds right. Some vendors list out all the details with prices on their quotes, some lump it together. I wouldn’t sweat it, just look at the bottom line.

Voyage Print

$12k sounds reasonable for installation. Not sure why they would require an extended warranty, but $7k for a 5 year warranty sounds pretty good. Repairs bills on these printers can add up quick. The printer was supposed to be $100k when they introduced it, so $95k sounds right. Some vendors list out all the details with prices on their quotes, some lump it together. I wouldn’t sweat it, just look at the bottom line.
Yeah and I agree, I think we paid around 5 grand for our last install but bottom line and I agree is this printer gonna really be a game changer from say for example we have a OCE 550gt and literally have had it for a decade now, we have replaced heads for years we also have a bulk ink system and our game has always been about quality. Is the Epson flatbed printer worth it or should we buy for example a used 1280 or 1260 xt Have you or has anyone seen an actual print sample of this? Or should we be looking at another printer, I love the Epson name always have, but my concern is that there is currently no driver for Colorgate and we use production server, I mean at the end of the day a rip is probably just a rip, but Wow we are old timers just trying to understand if the 100 grand is gonna be worth it.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Yeah and I agree, I think we paid around 5 grand for our last install but bottom line and I agree is this printer gonna really be a game changer from say for example we have a OCE 550gt and literally have had it for a decade now, we have replaced heads for years we also have a bulk ink system and our game has always been about quality. Is the Epson flatbed printer worth it or should we buy for example a used 1280 or 1260 xt Have you or has anyone seen an actual print sample of this? Or should we be looking at another printer, I love the Epson name always have, but my concern is that there is currently no driver for Colorgate and we use production server, I mean at the end of the day a rip is probably just a rip, but Wow we are old timers just trying to understand if the 100 grand is gonna be worth it.
We had a 550XT before up until a couple years ago, then we replaced it with Mimaki JFX200-2513. Totally different machine, but we were no longer looking for super fast printing, but really good quality at a lower price point. The Mimaki delivered. Quality is phenomenal, maintenance is super easy (no trouble at all with white ink), and the ink bites much better than the Oce (no adhesion promoters ever needed). Yes, it is much slower. The one downside to this machine is the Rip's it supports. It has very sketchy support for Onyx (which is what we use for everything else), so we must use RasterLink which comes with it. I am very tech savvy, but there is a really big learning curve to Rasterlink, as well as limitations (color management, support of cutters, etc). Don't underestimate the pain of using a different RIP. Although I wouldn't undo our purchase of the Mimaki, I wish I had known about the Rip issue when we purchased it. I think the Epson will be a lot slower for you though?

ProColorGraphics

I think mine came to around $85k. That was with 2 sets of inks, installation a couple Caldera add-ons I wanted. Who did you get the quote from?