• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...
Hello,
I have recetly acquired an EPSON V7000 UV Flatbed.
I'm using the EPSON Edge "rip". I do have caldera but did not purchased the driver (as it adds significantly to the cost of the yearly maintenance)
I would like to print 3 layers for a job (behind acrylic:
-1st layer CMYK
-2d layer White
-3d layer Another layer of black for blocking the light.

According to EPSON the controller can handle this:

On the video at 00:16 you see multiple layers loaded in EDGE. Could anyone tell me how to set up those layers ?
I tried to add pdf with 3 simple layers (even spot colors), does not work.
Any help ?
Thanks
Antoine Rose

ProColorGraphics

I wasn't aware that it could do that. haha. I am using Caldera too with mine. On another note, seeing how filthy that printer was at the end made me twitch! haha

When I do multi layer prints, I create the file, send it to the UV Controller, then just specify the number of copies for the number of layers I need to print. If I am doing a varnish only layer for example, I just the the UV Controller to only print varnish that time. It is a lot more manual work, but it has worked for me.

I am definitely going to look into how they set that up. Then also ask Caldera if they have an update coming to allow that like Edge Print does.

mkp007

Antoine,

We have this printer as well. here are some quick tips that come to mind.

1) name your spot colors for white as "White" and for varnish as "Varnish". If you have black ink in the varnish tank, then I would still call this layer "Varnish".
2) for the layers you have for spot, make sure the objects have "Overprint Fill" enabled.
3) put the spot color layers on top and export as a PDF in cmyk (or xcmyk with the proper profiles installed in Edge)
4) set the print direction and additional layer in the controller software page 56 https://download4.epson.biz/sec_pubs/sc-v7000_series/useg/en/manual.pdf

Since you are printing CMYK first, you will have to print from back to front with white coming after. but then you need to go back and print the black layer which I think can be setup so you don't have to do a separate pass with a varnish only layer. But at worst case, you would do it like this which isn't a big deal. Print back to front with CMYK then White and then print the varnish from front to back or in this case, just black using CMYK.

BabooDIG

I wasn't aware that it could do that. haha. I am using Caldera too with mine. On another note, seeing how filthy that printer was at the end made me twitch! haha

When I do multi layer prints, I create the file, send it to the UV Controller, then just specify the number of copies for the number of layers I need to print. If I am doing a varnish only layer for example, I just the the UV Controller to only print varnish that time. It is a lot more manual work, but it has worked for me.

I am definitely going to look into how they set that up. Then also ask Caldera if they have an update coming to allow that like Edge Print does.
Hey Matt! Did you ever hear back from Caldera about a Driver update?