• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Equipment Suggestions

Black Star

Not A New Member
Hello all. I am looking for some suggestions on new equipment. I have been running my Mimaki JV33-130 for the last 11 years. I know this is getting old and I don't want to have a major breakdown and then not be able to get parts. I previously ran a Mimaki JV3 for 8 year prior to this current machine. I'm looking for recommendations on a new machine. I've used Mimaki because that is what my distributor had suggested. I'm not married to the brand but my JV33 has ran pretty flawless with all things considered.

I run the machine CMYK and use the Mimaki SS21 inks. I print on to Oracal 3165 and 3915 the most. We do a lot of signs and some wraps. I also print on quite a bit of banner material.

I'm also looking for suggestions on a distributor. In the past, I was using Midwest Sign Supply but Grimco bought them out a few years ago. I'm in Washington State if that matters.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Hello all. I am looking for some suggestions on new equipment. I have been running my Mimaki JV33-130 for the last 11 years. I know this is getting old and I don't want to have a major breakdown and then not be able to get parts. I previously ran a Mimaki JV3 for 8 year prior to this current machine. I'm looking for recommendations on a new machine. I've used Mimaki because that is what my distributor had suggested. I'm not married to the brand but my JV33 has ran pretty flawless with all things considered.

I run the machine CMYK and use the Mimaki SS21 inks. I print on to Oracal 3165 and 3915 the most. We do a lot of signs and some wraps. I also print on quite a bit of banner material.

I'm also looking for suggestions on a distributor. In the past, I was using Midwest Sign Supply but Grimco bought them out a few years ago. I'm in Washington State if that matters.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!
I was going to recommend Denco - but I think Grimco bought them out as well.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
As long as they're still around, I'd buy a JV300. Easy transition, fairly bulletproof and it's not locked up to where you're stuck waiting on the mfg to send out their fix it crew.

MrDav3C

I'm really impressed with the Roland Truevis SG3 I bought last year but always thought the Mimaki CJV seemed like a great machine.

For most people it usually makes sense to stick to the brand they know, providing there is good tech support available to keep any potential down time to a minimumm.

Black Star

Not A New Member
I heard back from Grimco after giving them this same information. They came back to me, after speaking to their Mimaki Rep, and recommended the JV100-160. I would rather not have a 64" printer because I won't utilize the extra printing space and I would have to make room in my office as I currently have a 54" JV33-130. Looking around, reviews are kind of mixed on the JV100 which I am a little weary about. I'm wondering if I should jump this Mimaki ship and go with a different brand printer.... It really worries me that it is so cheap. I paid more for my JV33-130. I don't want to get a cheaper printer....