• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error 205 47v print head voltage

petesign

This started a year ago. I got this error, let the machine sit, and eventually it would come back on. After a few weeks of getting this error ever few days, I replaced the head cable, and it ran fine until now. 10 days ago, I got this error, and after leaving it unplugged overnight it came back up, now this afternoon it's not coming back up after half an hour or more of sitting unplugged. Attached are some photos of what I assume is the fuse people have said was blown, but it looks good to me. Is this the right one, and what is the solid white one under it? Also, should there be white good all over the electronics at the bottom of the board?

Thank you for any suggestions. I find it hard to believe the head cable is out again... and everything else i have heard is either, head, board, fuse, etc... Dont really feel like throwing money at this without a plan.
-Pete

Attachments

• 20160212_154941_resized.jpg
    20160212_154941_resized.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,663
  • 20160212_155031_resized.jpg
    20160212_155031_resized.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 982

petesign

Here's an update. I called in Ed from Inkjet Solutions, he replaced the trailing cable, checked voltage across the boards, replaced the fuse on the main board, did some preventative maintenance (new drive pulleys, etc) -- but of course the machine acted like everything was fine when he was here. Ed did a great job, and I learned more from him in a few hours than I have in years. Next day, got the same error. Turned it off, next day it printed fine, and has been printing fine all week. Until this afternoon....

Error 205 42v head voltage error again. Have tried unplugging and plugging back in, etc. Not booting up. I'm already over 2 grand into this 5-6 year old printer, and now it's just throw money at it until something sticks. I'm not bashing Mimaki, ed or anyone, this printer has been a workhorse for the last 6 years.... but I do wish Mimaki had better troubleshooting. Now it could be three things, slider board, main board, or print head. I guess i will start with the cheapest part, and go until its fixed... either that or i will have a printer BBQ and get a new one. Either way its my busiest time of the year and I am sitting dead in the water.

If you get error 205 - pray.

edit* we did change out the flat cable from the slider board to the head as well.

petesign

Unplugged it and plugged it in about 10 times... it finally booted. It just gets weirder and weirder.

petesign

New update.
Replaced the slider board. Now it gives me error 200, head memory error. No idea what I am going to do now. Havent been able to get work done in a week and have a large sign order looming.

petesign

replaced the new slider board with my original one. it booted. So, im on borrowed time i guess.

petesign

Dont know if anyone is following this... but i will keep you posted if you are. I swapped the slider board with a new one on Tuesday, and that board was bad. Put my old one back in, and it has run flawlessly since then. I dont know if the error will come back or not, but will print as much as i can until then. Maybe its possible a connection was loose from all the moving back and forth over the past few years.

Aapelzi

hey my mimaki cjv30-100 say it for me couple of times and then screen is just blank and It wot boot or do anything. I just replace print head and cables.

Attachments

• Näyttökuva 2022-5-14 kello 3.01.04.png
    Näyttökuva 2022-5-14 kello 3.01.04.png
    561.2 KB · Views: 345