• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

External hard drive question.

shakey0818

I currently use a 2-Seagate ex. hard drives a TB & a TB.Sometimes i download a bunch of files to my computer all at once,lets say 50.Well i open my ex. hard drive and create a new folder named 50 new files.Then i drag each new file to that folder because i don't open and read them all at once,then after i view them i want to individually drag them out of that 50 new files folder and into the same ex. hard drive so they can be added to the ones i already added individually.My problem is that when i add them all to that named new files folder a duplicate file is made where i a already going to send it after i view it.Then if i go to open the named file and delete 1 or multiple ones that i have read it deletes it from that folder and from my external hard drive library.

I hope i explained myself correctly.Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

Thank You,Rob

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Move files instead of copying them if you only want to have one of the file. Right click drag and drop - then a menu pops up giving you the option to move instead of copy.

soniczed

you can also select the file or files once highlighted click ctrl+x and select the folder you want to place the files in and click ctrl+v
that is cut and paste if you do a right click with the selected files highlighted.

good luck

AzGene

You can buy about 4 jump drives for the price of one external hard drive and have a whole lot more memory for your bucks. Keep 2 jump drives for backups and use the other 2 for storage, transfer or whatever.