• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extreme Makeover Design Contest

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hello students. Here is your next assignment.

Unlike previous contests, this one is divided into two parts. The first part will be the submission by photo upload to this thread of candidates worthy of our consideration. You may have until midnight EDT, Saturday April 14, 2007 to submit nominees. We will then take a week to vote for which nominee will receive the makeover.

The second part will be the actual makeover. Dates, prizes and rules to be announced.

Steve C.

Do you want photos of ugly signs that we will then make changes to?
Or is this for actual jobs we are working on, repaints/upgades, etc.

Ogriv

lol Fred, My first thought was that you were looking for a photo of a Signs101 member to give a makeover to! Hmm there are alot of us with ugly mugs that could use that!

Marlene

We all drive by that sign that we would just love to re-do as it's just so horrid, this is our chance!!!

Steve C.

OK, now I see, I'm a little slow sometimes. We will all be working on the same
sign. I thought at first we would each choose our own sign to make-over.

mystysue

OO.. decisions, decisions.. we have some ugllllllllly signs in this area .lol..

Will have to take my camera with me on a field trip..

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
OK, now I see, I'm a little slow sometimes. We will all be working on the same
sign. I thought at first we would each choose our own sign to make-over.

I think that's the only way to make it a fair contest but others may see it differently. The idea was only brought up this morning so i am open to suggestion.

ChiknNutz

When I saw this thread, I knew I had a really good candidate for this. I've been eyeing this thing for a while now...I took this picture just over 2 years ago...just waiting to get a chance to redo it.

Attachments

• Asbery Field.jpg
    Asbery Field.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 418

iSign

not much to work with there Chris... but not hard to improve it either.

Can we nominate other members signs :help:

I guess it could be demoralizing to have our own sign win the signs101 makeover contest... but the prize is still a good thing.

I think it would be best if the victim, I mean the candidate, was a member because they may have a better chance of implementing one of the solutions offered.

Marlene

I think it would be better to pick on strangers as it will only turn into something nasty. I drive a restaurant every morning. I'm not really sure what the name of it is as they used dark teal and dark burgundy to make the sign. I also get to see the beautiful hand painted sign with the lettering on an arc. Only problem is the guy didn't have enough room for all the letters so they kind of trail down the sides of the sign. I think just getting the chance to draw up a fix for something like this would feel so good! It never has to happen in the real world, just in our little piece of it. :Big Laugh

iSign

ok... here is a submission of a clients sign.
I just did a banner for these folks & they were very pleased with the service, & now they want a quote on refurbishing this sign. I think dismantling & repainting each letter & re-installing it is going to be pretty expensive, so I will probably offer them a flat sign with all new material, as well as a refurbish of this one. I will also offer to put the refurbished letters back up differently... but anyway, they need a makover, so I figured I'd throw their hat in the ring.

seafoodsign.jpg

Replicator

Pride and joy of the Valley . . . Old non-working light box.

Both sides same . . . Screwed on cardboard drawn with Sharpies !

It's a real eye catcher around here !

I know I've shown this on another thread, but it's my pick for

Extreme Sign MakeOver ! ! !

? ? ? Do you know the name of the establishment ? ? ?

Attachments

• pride.jpg
    pride.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 415

Gino

Premium Subscriber
??????

Well, no one mentioned what the subject matter had to be.

This guy advertises doing whole trucks for $100.00....

I wonder how he can do that ????

Only in :unclesam:

Attachments

• A-1 signs.jpg
    A-1 signs.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 459
  • A-1 truck.jpg
    A-1 truck.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 453

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Call 'em and find out.......... LOL

If the Foo shits wear it... or something like that.

I'm gonna go :beer :beer :beer

Dave Drane

??????

Well, no one mentioned what the subject matter had to be.

This guy advertises doing whole trucks for $100.00....

I wonder how he can do that ????

Only in :unclesam:

:Big Laugh :Big Laugh LMAO, Aren't they just popping up everywhere!!

mladams7259

This one will be pretty hard to beat

Attachments

• ugly.jpg
    ugly.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 373
Last edited by a moderator: