• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help F1612 - Predicted mark position lies outside of media area error

Ranel

Hi.

So as the title says I'm getting this error from time to time and it drives me nuts. So I put sheet on the table nice and straight - both back and front nicely even from origin side etc. I show the origin and media size with axis control etc. Then when I start to cut it randomly stops at the regmark and gives me the error. What makes me especially mad is the fact that most of the time the camera is perfectly above the regmark but it still claims that the regmark is outside of media area. And its not even possible with the materia being straight and theres like 50mm gap from regmark to the materia edge. It just drives me crazy.

Any advice - am I doing something wrong?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What if you give it a little more space?
So don't go exactly to the media edge for origin and size, rather leave a inch gap or so.

I always run it full size. Only if I need maximum vacuum I change the size.

Last edited:

Ranel

What if you give it a little more space?
So don't go exactly to the media edge for origin and size, rather leave a inch gap or so.
Hi

Yes I have given it extra space and the problems occurs less often in that case. I'm just worrided that since the media size is primarly meant for vacuum then it will suck too much air at side and the vacuum will be weaker :rolleyes:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yep. Sounds like maybe you have some issue there.
Running newest firmware and software?

Make sure you have in Gosign macro the "fetch media size". That might be one issue as well if you have made custom macro and it's not there.

CanuckSigns

The only time I get this issue is if I reduce the working width then forget it and try to cut something wider.

If it's soft goods I'm cutting I just leave the working width at full size, the vacuum is plenty strong, if I'm routing or cutting through rigid sheets I adjust it.

jerry369

If you are using GoProduce v2.2 be sure the "Segmentation Margin" option is OFF in "Set. working zone" Action. Such an option decreases the working area of the plotter.

Ranel

If you are using GoProduce v2.2 be sure the "Segmentation Margin" option is OFF in "Set. working zone" Action. Such an option decreases the working area of the plotter.
Hi

The local Summa support also suggested to turn the segmentation margin off. Turning it off actually made the thing worse. Today had again same problems and nothing helped until turned the vacuum off, moved the job little bit backwards and ran the damn thing again and worked like charm. So its obviously somesort of segmenattion type of problem where if the regmark happen to be in certain place on table the software can't figure it out. Gonna do some testing with next jobs where I reduce the regmark distances. But all n all its a really annoying problem.

jerry369

Which marks are causing problems? Maybe they are the ones that are in the lowest position (near the origin of the x axis)?

Ranel

Which marks are causing problems? Maybe they are the ones that are in the lowest position (near the origin of the x axis)?
Well its somewhat random. Most of the time its somewhere in the middle part of the table (I would say mostly third mark up from the left side or just before the camera should move back to the right ) - very very rarely lower marks. Also it pretty much never happens when I start to cut - it usually manages to cut and move the material couple of times forward and then it happens - or not. Sometimes theres no problem and I can cut whole 45 meter roll without problems. When looking at the computer screen the camera can actually see and identify the mark just fraction of a second before it gives the error. The bad thing is that no matter what I do to test any changes it takes such I long time because the problem happens randomly. We have contacted the Summa and provided them the backup and cut files for simulation but it will probably take some time. Meanwhile I'm gonna try and reduce the space between regmarks to see if that has eny effect.

trady

Well its somewhat random. Most of the time its somewhere in the middle part of the table (I would say mostly third mark up from the left side or just before the camera should move back to the right ) - very very rarely lower marks. Also it pretty much never happens when I start to cut - it usually manages to cut and move the material couple of times forward and then it happens - or not. Sometimes theres no problem and I can cut whole 45 meter roll without problems. When looking at the computer screen the camera can actually see and identify the mark just fraction of a second before it gives the error. The bad thing is that no matter what I do to test any changes it takes such I long time because the problem happens randomly. We have contacted the Summa and provided them the backup and cut files for simulation but it will probably take some time. Meanwhile I'm gonna try and reduce the space between regmarks to see if that has eny effect.
Hi, did you find a solution? I have the same problem…