• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

F1612 weight limit?

CanuckSigns

Does anyone know if there is a weight limit for sheets on the 1612? Ours works great, but i had a job recently routering a 5'x10' of 6mm ACM, it was a straight router job, no reg marks, and the piece cut about 0.5" too short, the issue started at the point where the sheet was advanced, all I can think of is the sheet was too heavy and it slipped a bit while it was being advanced.

I have another job coming up with a sheet of 3/8" thick acrylic, I could print reg marks on some cheap vinyl and apply it to the acrylic before routering, but I would like to avoid that extra step if needed.

Has anyone else come across this issue before on the 1612? we have the air compressor putting out 95 psi as per the spec sheet from summa

brdesign

I have routed 4'x8' sheets of 3/4 plywood and 1/2 acrylic on one with no issues. We did have roller stands set up to support the weight of the sheet hanging off the flatbed's ends. The foam padding supplied by summa seemed to give enough grip between the sheet and the belt.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I've had it slip doing cut/route only jobs a few times, it's a PITA because it has no idea where it's picking up on the next segment.

I don't trust multi-segment cut only jobs anymore on this thing. I've gone as far as printing regmarks just so it would have something to read.