• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Fastest, single phase power flatbed printer from 200k to 300k

Hi Everybody the advise will be appreciated, we are looking to replace one of two flatbed printer we have in our shop, we are considering factors like ink price, speed, versatility etc.. the budget is from 200k to 300k, the flatbed have to be single phase since 3 phase is not a option, please reply any comments or suggestions, thank you!

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
So what flatbeds do you have now?
How many amps can it pull max? 220V?

Might have a hard time as the vacuum pumps only is already pulling quite a lot of power on those kinda machines. But Im curious to see if something exists. Doubt it tho.

Last edited:

netsol

Hi Everybody the advise will be appreciated, we are looking to replace one of two flatbed printer we have in our shop, we are considering factors like ink price, speed, versatility etc.. the budget is from 200k to 300k, the flatbed have to be single phase since 3 phase is not a option, please reply any comments or suggestions, thank you!

you know, many times you can find an "add a phase" transformer/converters as an ebay/craigslist/offerup item

unless time is truly of the essence, i would drag my feet for a month or so, wait for a listing, get the add a phase (or equivilent) and a whole world of possibilities open up
for you once you are ready for a Polly phase installation

netsol

christian,
i have no experience with these machines, but, IN GENERAL, single phase capacitor start motors have a much shorter life than their 3 phase counterparts.
has this been your experience?

parrott

Vanguard VK300D-HS or the Digitech trufire are great sub 200k single phase speed demons.

Both are great options. You will get more speed out of the Digitech but it will cost more than the Vanguard. These “smaller” companies are turning a lot of heads as it is well deserved. They are hungry for your business and won’t nickel and dime you to death like the larger OEMs.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
christian,
i have no experience with these machines, but, IN GENERAL, single phase capacitor start motors have a much shorter life than their 3 phase counterparts.
has this been your experience?
They are also more expensive to replace.

parrott

Do yourself a favor and call Troy and setup an appointment to go see Digitech. We looked at a lot of printers and test drove them all. As soon as I walked out of my Digitech demo I was completely sold. There are a lot of great companies/machines out there but none of them do it the way Digitech does. If you want serious production, then look no further.

Last edited:
Hi, thank you everybody for the advise, the problem of digital printers and phase converters is you have to leave the phase converter on for years since you can't not turn off the flatbed printer and must be power connected always in a router or cutter is different you can turn it off with no problem, we currently have a Oce Aizona 660 XT, and a Oce Arizona 2340 XT ( LED) recently installed we are looking to replace the 660XT for a faster LED flatbed printer, once you have a LED curing flatbed you notice all the benefits comparing with radical UV lamps curing

parrott

We turn off our Digitech at the end of everyday and every weekend. Our HPs I would never do that with. They need to constantly purge and do self maintenance.

Do yourself a favor and call Troy and setup an appointment to go see Digitech. We looked at a lot of printers and test drove them all. As soon as I walked out of my Digitech demo I was completely sold. There are a lot of great companies/machines out there but none of them do it the way Digitech does. If you want production, then look no further.
thank you for the recommendation I have talking with David from Digitech he also visit my shop in Orlando, I have set up a meeting in san Antonio by the en of next month, its looks like Vanguard and Digitech are the best options, Digitech is more expensive but the ink is cheaper, I like the double row print head printer with the auto unload, any other printer you can recommend?

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Have you called your power provider about doing a service upgrade? our will upgrade free of charge to the meter. Add an extra 3 phase distribution box and tie back into the single phase box. Then feed new power to the 3 phase equipment. If your in the budget to spend 300K on a printer what is another 10K to run power?

parrott

thank you for the recommendation I have talking with David from Digitech he also visit my shop in Orlando, I have set up a meeting in san Antonio by the en of next month, its looks like Vanguard and Digitech are the best options, Digitech is more expensive but the ink is cheaper, I like the double row print head printer with the auto unload, any other printer you can recommend?

We went with the 10 head machine + auto unloader. I didn’t see anything else with that production/quality in the same price range. We run 50 seconds a 4’x8’ all day long. Other machines are around 2 minutes to achieve the same quality. With over double the speed and much better build over the competition, there is not much more I can recommend.

If you were to up your budget I would recommend Durst. The only issue there is the extended warranty once the first year is over. I would imagine you are adding on an extra $40k/year to keep it under warranty. That’s a big pill to swallow to sleep better at night.

Rustyrussell

https://www.austinsignco.com/
Hey all! I’m getting ready to sell my Digitech RetroJet flat bed. It’s a total
workhorse and spits out 4’x8’ up to 5’x10’ sheets full color in 3 minutes per side. This is the machine that put Digitech on the map. It’s only 2 yrs old and runs at about $.07 per sq ft.
Let me know if anyone is interested…I’m upgrading to their $300,000+ True fire machine. If I had the floor space I wouldn’t sell this machine.
$60k OBO