• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fb500 encoder strip installation

Mattocks

Mad Scientist
Interested in this as well . Our machine has some waves in it but wondering how relevant it is to the pulses when it runs across or if the sensor just smooths it out ok ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
Use something thin that can slide int to the groove and is strong enough to compress the foam tape and work the set up into the slot 6" or so at a time as you work across. The hardest part to me was getting the strip where it needed to be when it meets the carriage.

Edit: I believe I used a putty knife

Turnergraphics

The last time I installed an encoder strip I had better results than usual. As I recall, what I did was unroll the encoder strip before installing and kind of laid it down on the tape while a second person held the other end of the strip. Just press it down a little at a time. What creates the waves is unrolling it as you stick it down.

Turnergraphics

Interested in this as well . Our machine has some waves in it but wondering how relevant it is to the pulses when it runs across or if the sensor just smooths it out ok ?

Obviously flat is better but in my opinion a little but of waves wont prevent the machine from properly operating. I clean the strip with a little water on a polyester cloth . No alcohol!

Mattocks

Mad Scientist
Obviously flat is better but in my opinion a little but of waves wont prevent the machine from properly operating. I clean the strip with a little water on a polyester cloth . No alcohol!

Got it in . Sadly had some time with the reader and that was probably the most painful part . I got it in pretty flat and it solved many issues !

Thanks for the guidance .