• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Fb500 red

Turnergraphics

Seems I saw a thread where somebody had figured out how to get a good looking red on a HP FB500. I know it can be done because I've done it by accident before. But I reprint the same file now with different results. I have changed ink brands and no longer use HP inks. Any help?

FrankW

Other ink brands than HP could have a different color gamut which can lead to problems with standard profiles.

Depending on the RIP you use different possibilities are available to match colors.

javagod

Manager
Graysquirrel, are you calibrating the FB500? I've tied a number of time with Onyx and the pattern is so small that I find it next to imposable to calibrate with my handheld spectrometer.

LarryB

When I had my HP FB500 I used INX international ink. The red was much more vibrant and saved me 25% over OEM ink. Used the ink for many years with little issue

Turnergraphics

When I had my HP FB500 I used INX international ink. The red was much more vibrant and saved me 25% over OEM ink. Used the ink for many years with little issue
I have fewer printhead problems using Bordeux inks than with any other brands. Hesitant to change. Does INX work ok? I haven't changed a single print head in over a year.

LarryB

INX worked great. There were probably 4 sign shops near me who I knew were using it without any issues. It’s much better color fidelity than HP at a cheaper price. No brainer for me.

RabidOne

We have a 550 and have been using INX for years. No issues whatsover and haven't changed any printheads (other than when that guy trashed a few printing acoustic ceiling tiles).