• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fc8000-130 ARMS sight trouble

grafikguy

President
I bought an FC8000 to contour cut my prints from a Roland Versaart. When I try cutting the print, the FC has trouble sighting in the registration marks far too consistently. Does anyone know of a fix for this? What do others use for registration? I'm using the type 2 four point registration, which I've learned is the most accurate. Any Help?

DRamm76

I have had a lot of success with the Graphtec ARMS tools. I have a machine in my facility in NJ. Actually, I have just about every model on my showroom now. If you are still having trouble. You can PM me and I'll give you my contact information and we can talk Monday and get this resolved. Good luck

Neil

I use type 2 four points with my 7000.
One thing I find I need to do is make sure the origin is not too far away from the first reg mark. I have to trim the sheet back so there's only a couple of inches of leader from the edge of the sheet to the first mark.
That way, when it sets up the origin point is just before the first mark. Then, when prompted by the software, I move the head about 3/4 inch on the X axis and 3/4 inch on the Y axis to get inside the first reg mark.
Too much space between the origin and the mark will result in scan errors.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I use type 2 four points with my 7000.
One thing I find I need to do is make sure the origin is not too far away from the first reg mark. I have to trim the sheet back so there's only a couple of inches of leader from the edge of the sheet to the first mark.
That way, when it sets up the origin point is just before the first mark. Then, when prompted by the software, I move the head about 3/4 inch on the X axis and 3/4 inch on the Y axis to get inside the first reg mark.
Too much space between the origin and the mark will result in scan errors.

Trimming the media to move the origin is like turning the room to unscrew a light bulb. Why don't you just use the arrow buttons to move the carriage and/or media to where you want the origin to be located and then press the button clearly labeled 'Origin'?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I bought an FC8000 to contour cut my prints from a Roland Versaart. When I try cutting the print, the FC has trouble sighting in the registration marks far too consistently. Does anyone know of a fix for this? What do others use for registration? I'm using the type 2 four point registration, which I've learned is the most accurate. Any Help?

What software? How large are your prints? How squarely do you have the media loaded in the plotter?

What is the difference between the logical size of your prints and the physical size? If it's more than just a tad you need to set the printer's output feed compensation or whatever it's called in your setup.

grafikguy

President
Okay, thanks for the input, guys. I rip my prints from Signlab's VPM. I find the only way that it will cut is when i align the blade with the up and down line that is printed prior to the registration marks. And, it only reads them correctly when the blade follows the line EXACTLY. I noticed in the manual that you can assign a different tolerance for the registration mark recognition. I'll try that and see how it works out on my next cut job from the VersaArt. Most of my cut and print jobs are done on the VP300 we have, so I do not use the Graphtec for contour cuts very often. Most large prints are for wraps, banners, and larger signs that don't need cutting.