• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000-160 not searching for registration marks

AKProbeGT

Our Summa died and while we are awaiting parts I picked up a used Graphtec FC8000-160 to keep us running. It's connected via serial port. We can cut from Flexi perfectly fine. The issue is with trying to print and cut from Onyx. Most files, when we send the cut file it doesn't try to read the registration marks. It just starts cutting and of course isn't registered properly. The weird thing is some, at least 2 have worked perfectly fine. I've tried those files several times and every time it looks for the marks then will cut. Other files it goes right to cutting. We are using the same settings in Onyx and on the plotter. I don't know what we could be doing wrong and why it isn't try to read the registration marks before cutting when we send the file from Onyx Cut Server. Any ideas?

Goldenstateprint

A quick work around is download cutmaster extension from graphtec to use in illustrator, you can make it read the registration marks before cutting

You do have to send each job individually though.

VehicleWraps

I am having the same issues but sending from Cutmaster? A buddy of mine stopped by when I wasn't in and tried to help one of my new guys cut something, He had to have changed something because no matter what I do it doesn't start to look for the reg marks, just starts cutting as if they aren't there and it's just a cut file???