• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help FC8600 asks to reposition blade after each individual graphic cut?

Graphikal

We use Flexi with a Graphtec 8600. Spent the better part of a day trying to resolve this, and I'm hoping someone with more experience can tell us what they think is happening.

We are trying to do a kiss cut / perf cut combination. For the longest time, when it would scan the corners and set-up to kiss cut, it would just stop and say move tool to position 3. It wouldn't even do the first contour cut (kiss cut). Somehow - with all our fiddling - it started to do the kiss cuts correctly. BUT . . . after we put our blade in position 3 for the perf cut, it only does one single graphic at a time. After each circular cut, the message pops up to move the blade back to position 1. So we just hit enter. Then it pops up and says to move the tool back to position 3, and we just hit enter again, and the head moves on and properly cuts the next graphic. Then, the same messages pop up, we hit <ENTER> & <ENTER>again, and it does the next, and so on and on. One damn graphic at a time!

We can't figure out why in the middle of the perf cut it keeps saying to move the blade back and forth between position 1 and position 3, and doesn't just continue perf cutting the entire sheet. Again, I'm hoping this is just something dopey we are doing, and has a simple solution. We never received training on the cutter when it was installed, so we're open to hearing what anybody thinks. We've restarted all equipment, workstation, rebuilt the graphic from scratch with new contour cut lines, etc. Nothing seems to stop this from happening. UGH!!