• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Product FC9000-160 Graphtech plotter preventative maintenance?

Sign Forge LLC

Hello All, first time user & first question. Started a new company and I have a new FC9000-160 Graphtec plotter, and I am just looking to keep it in tip-top operating condition. What are your preventative maintenance tips? Cleaning / oiling / anything else

ikarasu

Wipe the glue off the machine that gets left from the edges.

If you cut thin stuff and you have small pieces of vinyl sticking to the rollers... Peel those off as well..

Change the cutting strip when it needs to be done, not months after (our last graphtec had the channel under the strip cut all into because one operator never changed it at all in years...)

The basket catcher can come off easily for cleaning... The inside is a dust magnet on the 9000 series. Take it off at least once a month and wash it or something.

Those are my personal gripes! The graphtecs are beasts and don't really need maintenance. These things just keep it in too top shape and looking their best..