• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC9000 (ERROR) E04017 - Scans mark & Takes it home

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Im having this issue which is really frustrating.

Im using a Graphtec FC9000 & Onyx X22 cut server
It's set up to cut Segment Area Correction every 0.5m

The page is set to the max 5000cm (5m)

The problem:

It'll cut about 15-16 meters of vinyl, read the next mark, then take it straight home dumping all the vinyl at the back. Then it'll give me that E04017 error
The manual says this:
"It has exceeded detection area while detecting the registration mark"
"Check the media. Check the print position of the registration mark."

I'll do a "dry run" with no blade.
I watched it go to the same mark
it'll scan it and just return to home.
Same spot all the time.
It's done this to all jobs recently.

The vinyl runs true, it doesn't obstruct the sensor or anything like that.
Its printed on the Colorado so there's no media warp issues.

• Agree
Reactions: BVG

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
This happened to me the first week of using the fc9000.
I'm using flexi and don't remember the error code.
After several attempts I ended up creating a new cut only file with the same perimeters as the original and it cut.
Also check your overhead lighting, I have also had problems with reflections.

InkHead

Im having this issue which is really frustrating.

Im using a Graphtec FC9000 & Onyx X22 cut server
It's set up to cut Segment Area Correction every 0.5m

The page is set to the max 5000cm (5m)

The problem:

It'll cut about 15-16 meters of vinyl, read the next mark, then take it straight home dumping all the vinyl at the back. Then it'll give me that E04017 error
The manual says this:
"It has exceeded detection area while detecting the registration mark"
"Check the media. Check the print position of the registration mark."

I'll do a "dry run" with no blade.
I watched it go to the same mark
it'll scan it and just return to home.
Same spot all the time.
It's done this to all jobs recently.

The vinyl runs true, it doesn't obstruct the sensor or anything like that.
Its printed on the Colorado so there's no media warp issues.
I'm having this issue too and I don't know what the issue is. Some will read fine and then others just wont. I'm trying to cut a roll and keep getting this error on barcode and even when I try to do a manual read to cut. I've flipped the media around and can't get it to read. What fixed this for you?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I'm having this issue too and I don't know what the issue is. Some will read fine and then others just wont. I'm trying to cut a roll and keep getting this error on barcode and even when I try to do a manual read to cut. I've flipped the media around and can't get it to read. What fixed this for you?
nothing yet. I've just shortened my print runs to get around it.

InkHead

nothing yet. I've just shortened my print runs to get around it.
I'm using Flexi and when I go into Production Manager and look at the cut file from there, it is adding like 1 extra row. So lets say the original print file has 4 complete rows, the PM cut file has 3 complete row, a 4th row that is 1 image short and a 5th row that has only 1 image. I'm not sure why it is doing this.

When I go back into Flexi and I open the artwork file and set it up the same and send it again, it is correct and it will cut it just fine. Its so weird. Are you using Flexi?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I'm using Flexi and when I go into Production Manager and look at the cut file from there, it is adding like 1 extra row. So lets say the original print file has 4 complete rows, the PM cut file has 3 complete row, a 4th row that is 1 image short and a 5th row that has only 1 image. I'm not sure why it is doing this.

When I go back into Flexi and I open the artwork file and set it up the same and send it again, it is correct and it will cut it just fine. Its so weird. Are you using Flexi?
Sounds like your issue might be different. Even sounds like a flexi issue.
Im using Onyx X22