• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Feed moves while detecting crop marks

68Bonnie

I have an XC540 roland PC machine. When cutting a laminated sheet with crop marks, the first crop mark is detected, then as the sensor is moving to detect the left mark, it feeds away from me a few mm every 2 seconds or so. By the time the sensor is at the second mark, it's nearly under the pinch roller. It works if I purposely miss align the left crop mark toward me by about 3/4". Any ideas? Cheers from Nova Scotia. Thanks in advance.

68Bonnie

Sounds like its reading the first mark as 'out of square' by the amount you are watching it move.
Are you stretching the material severely when you laminate it?
Doing it again, in the opposite direction, could the sensor be loose?

truckgraphics

Roland VersaCamm VS 540 user here. On our machine, if all or part of the right crop mark is lined up with the right roller, the machine will read the right mark, but search unsuccessfully for the left crop mark.

68Bonnie

It must be parallax, or some viewing angle issue. When I rotate the laminated print, slightly in the CW direction, the issue goes away. I was told by a Roland tech, to use tape, and marks to re-register after lamination. Now I know why he said that, our eyes are playing tricks on us. Other than this human error, the old XC-540 prints a perfect test print. I have only ever owned Roland sign gear, I would add them to Apple, Honda, LG, Toyota, as my trusted brands!