• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help File corrupt

RedClayGraphics

Owner, Lead Designer
Okay, just updated to windows 10 and versaworks says that any file I bring in is corrupt.
So then I updated versaworks to the newest version and made sure that everything updated with it and the problem is still there and i'm at a production stand still.
Please help!

Yaser

This happens for me time to time. Make sure the file is on your physical hard drive, not on the cloud ie OneDrive.

2) Rename the file

3) Task manager and end any programs you're not using.. For me, it seems like there's a Print Spooler service and a Screenshot program that cause the issue

4) Restart VW

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
After a reboot, click on the window icon and in the search windows and programs area type %temp% and hit enter. Click on the folder labeled temp and delete everything it will let you. These are temporary files that sometimes get left behind. The ones you can't delete are being used by open programs.

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
If the above suggestions don't work create a new file and copy the elements from the one corrupted (If you can still open it in it's native program, and paste it in. I have resolved corruption issues that way before.

My most recent issue I found that Onyx at my RIP station dislikes certain folders that were created before and by re-saving the file in a different location/folder on my network solved it.

TIM REGO

i have the same problem as the OP. if i drag and drop anything it stops midway and says the file is corrupt. if i run as admin, drag and drop goes away, but i can add those same files manually(major pain) and it'll work fine.

i've uninstalled and installed versaworks fresh, deleted temp files, and did pretty much everything suggested....same issue. i reached out to somebody else who contacted Roland and Roland says: "On window 10 you need to run Roland versaWorks as admin or you get file is corrupted or you will not see the cut lines. When you run it as admin, you will lose the drag and drop feature. Roland Japan said its a window security issue and there is no fix. "

there has to a be a fix. these files are not corrupt, and i have hundreds of PDFs and dozens of .VW jobs saved, so this is a big problem for me at least

Jester

Slow is Fast
Try running Versaworks 6 in a Windows user account which is an administrator. Let us know if that helps.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
I have had that issue before with Dual, but never with 6. A print-spooler clear, job log clear, and initialization fixed it, I think... but if you're reinstalled it, that seems like it would cover some of that.