• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File crashing

wildside

Does anyone know of a way to open a file without it crashing corel?

We are using corel 2019, and i made a file that saved, made changes, worked on for several hours. Saved and closed the file. Now when i click on it to open, the spinny thing happens and then corel closes, no error box, just closes. I had to recreate the file, and now this new file does it.

No other files are doing it just this one. I am guessing it has something to do with layers and transparencies from a purchased clipart that i have to dumb down to be useable that is in it. But is there a way to salvage what i have done?

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried importing the autobackup file, maybe it is salvageable before you made whatever change Corel didn't like. If I was using something like purchased clipart into a big file like what you are talking about, I usually open it in another window, make corrections and copy it where I need it.

mfatty500

Or maybe renaming the file? I have done that with good results, but, don't ask me how or why it works, sometimes.

wildside

the back up files do the same thing and trying to rename it gets the same result. I have been wondering if upgrading to the newest corel might help any, i doubt it, but has crossed my mind.

It is a race car graphic with all the layers and shading. but it seems when people design in illustrator, they have to have 85 layers of the same object on top of itself and takes forever to dumb it down to something to use. its a file like from schoolofracinggraphics dot com. i bring it in to corel, and then spend hours taking out all the different layers and crap to change the car color and add sponsors back on etc.

wildside

they send EPS, PDF, SVG, all have the same layers etc. it seems like it would be so simple to change the color of the car and add some graphics to the car for a t-shirt design, but no.

I guess i will try to do the car alone again, but am afraid as soon as i close the file i will not be able to reopen it again and be at square one.