• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FILE FORMAT!?!? Flexi?

Spud

Didn't know where to post this, figured it'd be a "n00b" question though.

What is the best quality format to export out of flexi for a customer over email? tif? It seems to work best in gradients, but I just don't know!! Is there options?

Thanks!

gvgraphics

I print to a PDF from flexi and with copyright info and a watermark on the page. There is many programs out there to do this with but I use a program called PDF995.

WVB

Depends on what this client needs the file for.

Proof = tiff/jpg
Printing = ai/eps

In terms of where to post this question to, how about under the software/Flexi...

Spud

Thanks, i'm leary about the pdf, with the watermark and copyright - are they able to get the vector file?

Will, and just a proof, one with high quality so they can actually see the subtle things in there and it looks clean, crisp, and clear.

Spud

Ok, so i'm a dumb-butt! I had "suppress options" on and that's why I couldn't change the dpi of the file types!

I think i'll be a okay now! Thanks guys!

Print-Kwik

We give the customer the file in whatever format they ask. We always take payment up front for any design/setup work and 50% of the finished product, so we don't loose if they choose to go elsewhere or just cancel. Most people willing to give you that aren't going elsewhere.

::ONEBADBUG::

this probably sounds nuts but...

I got tired of customers taking my labored drawings and then turning around and handing them over to someone else.. so.. to curb this ripping off, what I have been doing is this....
I spend the time making the file... thats a give in...

I make the customer a full resolution copy saved in a 2 frame animated .gif format with a transparent background (dropped color(s))
when I send the customer my file, it is still looks as it should for their approval needs
when they open it they get a milisecond flash of our comapnys logo and then the proof they want stops for viewing on frame 2.

yeah I know dumb... but, most customers arent smart enough to disassemble an animated file but even if they are I embed our comapnys log in a layer behind the actual image within frame2 so even if they do save the single frame and go to open it in an editor it all they get is an image with my company logo bleeding through the dropped out color(s) I choose as each proof is different...

and when they want hard copy they have to come in and get it and they pay for it and I never ever give out a digital working format on the print. And whats funny is when customers demand one and I say fine thats $65.00 an hr. plus materials. and they ask what flexi is.... and just laugh.

yeah I know crude yet, very efective.

Spud

ONEBAD, that's actually ingenious and I like the thought of having a logo flash for branding purposes but what if you're backed up! Seems it could be alot of unnecessary work! Good idea though..

::ONEBADBUG::

ONEBAD, that's actually ingenious and I like the thought of having a logo flash for branding purposes but what if you're backed up! Seems it could be alot of unnecessary work! Good idea though..
I don't ever run out of time to protect my work... and I've done it sooo many times I can do it with my eyes closed almost... open, set size, copy, paste in frame 2, choose the dropout, name, publish and mail away... like 30 second tops!

I also had one that worked quite and was even trickier, if not imposible, to tear apart in flash but a few customers couldn't open them for not having the player or network security issues so I scrapped it and went back to doing em in .gif...

Bug
I checked out your website, you do some nice glass work.
Thank you.

we actually have a killer sandblasting job going on right now for a High School out here... 11,000 words and 22 busts all sandblasted and then inked for contratst against a maple panel background & set on standoffs running down various walls inside the building.. I should put up some pics of it. The technique I came up for the busts is quite unique..