• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File type for screen printers

Anastasi55

One of our brand logos was designed as a raster based file. The designer used a method to get a chrome effect. However, we get requests for this logo as a vector for screen printing. I'd like to re-render it in Illustrator, with gradients approximating the chrome effect, using spot colors. Would this work?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Depends on the screen printer, but it's where you would need to start. If they are running 4 color process that's one thing, if they are running only spot colors, that's another and they may not want to do it.

I would create several versions of any logo I designed. From 1 solid spot color to 4 color process and a few in between. Then the supplier you are using could easily tell you which one would work best for their process.

FireSprint is a wholesale polysytrene printer.

Anastasi55

That's a good idea... I can always go from spot to process, not necessarily the other way around... I'm also trying to convince a younger guy that yes, spot colors are still used in certain situations...