• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finecut 9 / Illustrator 2022 incompatability?

FlorenceC

Coffee first. Your problems later.
We just updated to Illustrator 2022 here yesterday and it looks like my plugins got wiped. Finecut doesn't seem to want to install when I point it to the most recent version of Illustrator... anyone else run in to this yet?

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I kind of chessed it when it came to cutting master and it MAY work, not entirely sure for Finecut. But I just went to my plug-ins folder in my adobe 2021 folder, and copy pasted my plug-in into my 2022 folder.

It worked for me, but I have no idea how it will react with finecut, so just a little warning there, but if it doesn't work you can always go back in and delete out of plug-in folder.

FlorenceC

Coffee first. Your problems later.
I kind of chessed it when it came to cutting master and it MAY work, not entirely sure for Finecut. But I just went to my plug-ins folder in my adobe 2021 folder, and copy pasted my plug-in into my 2022 folder.

It worked for me, but I have no idea how it will react with finecut, so just a little warning there, but if it doesn't work you can always go back in and delete out of plug-in folder.
Interesting - I'll give this a try - Thanks!

n0rberto

:rock-n-roll:This trick is working. I thought have to wait ages for Mimaki support to create compatible version.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Wait, finecut works in AI 2221?!? We're using a hacked version of AI 15... we could never get it to work in anything remotely current and it's driven us nuts as the hacked ai is a pita to install so we only have it on one of our workstations and it's hard to generate print files from home etc.

I need to try it out again in a current version of illustrator.

n0rberto

Wait, finecut works in AI 2221?!? We're using a hacked version of AI 15... we could never get it to work in anything remotely current and it's driven us nuts as the hacked ai is a pita to install so we only have it on one of our workstations and it's hard to generate print files from home etc.

I need to try it out again in a current version of illustrator.
You need Mimaki Finecut 8/9 also a valid serial number to get this plugin working with your Illustrator CS6 - CC2019
Fresh installation of FC9 to CC2022 wont identify your Ai.
Good luck