• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finger print reader

shakey0818

I seen this on Craigslist for a great price and was wondering if anyone has one and if it is as cool as it seems.
Easy-to-use software makes replacing passwords with your fingerprint a breeze. The Registration Wizard helps you register fingerprints for each user. When you first visit a site that requires a password, just touch the Fingerprint Reader with your registered finger, enter your data, and then click OK. When you browse back to that Web site, you can simply log on with your fingerprint. You can also use the Fingerprint Reader to quickly switch between Windows user accounts without closing programs and files?and each user's personal content stays personal

Attachments

• finger print reader.jpg
    finger print reader.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 61

CheapVehicleWrap

Have on on my Vaio laptop you slide your finger over. Sure it's better quality than that but it's not any more secure that the windows password itself.

round man

we have had a couple of those readers go bad on laptops at school,..all you have to do to bypass them is disable the device in the rom bios and or remove the motherboard battery to short the bios password to access the setting,...locks are for honest people,.....and locksmiths usually can get into locks when honest people lose their keys,.....

mrfern

Biometrics have come a long way however buyer be warned. From an operating standpoint the device is a quick way to read a latent profile per registered user and if there is a match then WALA.. you are in the computer. BUT lets say your accounting application Peach Tree Accounting... had an interface that is web enabled and the device you purchase allows you to map the login and password field to the biometric device. There is no guarantee that the device and the application will be compatible for the filed mapping and allow you the same freedom of access to bypass entering the password. Little software company I work for with a speedy old school 3 letter logo sells a software bundle and hardware to do this... problem is it cost big bucks to write custom profile to match applications and the short dollar devices do not offer this amount of range for applications and authentication.. For just an OS login.. SURE it is a cool toy. Back to work.. :)