• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...
Hello,
Have a L28500 that are still running but need to upgrade to a later firmware. Unfortunately I have been lazy on upgrades since I bought it
in 2013 so I am running on an old one BM_07_00_00.4
I have through my local HP technician been able to get hold of BM_10_00_00.2 as the next, but the machine wont take it.
I suspect I need some inbetween version possibly.
Besides the above I also have BM_12_00_00.1 BM_12_00_01.1 BM_12_00_01.2
Anybody who has any suggestions where to get another old firmware or any other suggestions for debug.
The reason I want to upgrade is to be able to run on a new RIP.
I am well aware that this line of printers are no longer supported - but it doesnt hurt to ask.
Best regards
Rolf from Sweden

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
Have you had a look at the HP support page for the L28500. It should have the various versions listed. Access to the page is not restricted to HP techs only.

Tku so much for the firmware via WeTransfer Balstestrat! I will definately try this. Tku!!
(If anybody know what firmware is the next in order, feel free to send a message - otherwise I will try 10_00... after the one I just got).
And, yes Stephen, I have downloaded the firmware from HP - they have the latest (12_00_01.2.fmw)
I have some other issues going at the moment with a HDD that hangs at 1% on initializing. I have done one HDD disc recovery and for a while it was fine.
But then it relapsed into "hanging". Have ordered a new HDD. Not so easy to get hold of a HDD for L28500.
(If anybody knows a reliable place that might have spareparts - and HDD for 28500 - feel free to share. In Europe we have digiprint-supplies.com , waiting for an ansewer from them.)
Will also try to switch the Formatter board (have one laying around) just to see. But it seems to be both the HDD and firmware that is bugging.
Thanks soo much for feedback! Appreciated!
Best regards
Rolf Andersson
Sweden