• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

first print on banner material

signwizz

im printing on banner for the first time what do i have to do different from printing on vinyl.I heard you have to raise the print head and change the profile is there anything else
thanx shane

Malkin

We don't need to raise the print head on our vp-540. I suppose it's different from one machine to another though.

ddubia

On our HP8000 we raise the print head by loosening the thumb screws that secure the lever on each side of the head that raise and lower the head. Loosen the thumb screws move the levers down to raise the head (up to lower them) and tighten the thumb screws then you're all set.

Jmac349

You also may want to use a middle pinch roller if possible. This will keep the banner from folding up in the middle and prevent head strike.

signwizz

just tried it and it was blurry and the banner was lifting a little almost hitting the head do i readjust the heat ,the banner material im using is ultra flex what profile do i use just leave it on vinyl
thanx shane

Last edited:

tomence

Scarface should be able to help you out since he has SP300 and just printed his first banner, and it looked nice.

signwizz

got it done looks alright will post pics
thanx for the input just nervous the first time dont want head strikes and stuff
thanx shane

S

scarface

Yeah deff man, I did alot of reading before i got my first one printed. I didn't raise the heads at all. To be honest, on the profile, i used the generic 1 profile in VW and it printed VERY good quality but it took a long time for the ink to fully dry since it laid down alot of ink. My heaters are honestly on the max setting up since i find it opens the pours the best and creates a better print then with lower heat. This is on banner as well as digital cal vinyl.