• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexcon Vinyls Issues?

Squared2002

Our company currently purchases about 30 rolls of Low Energy Vinyl a month for MX, ATV, and Side by Sides. Recently we have been swarmed by the rep from Flexcon trying to get us to switch to their vinyls, even to the point where he is offering at least 30% mark down from where he started with his pricing. We used to use their vinyls about 15 years ago for bus ads but only for the smaller type sizes never anything full wrap because the vinyl just didn’t print that well. Has anyone used their vinyls for MX Low Energy type stuff and does anyone know if there something going on with the company that maybe they are having trouble selling their products?

petepaz

we have been using flexcon for over 40 years. mainly we get vinyl and polyester for our hot stamp roll label printer. never really had any issues.
never really used their digital material. i think they are just trying to be more active in the digital market. they aren't really known for that.

Snydo

Tell your Flexcon rep to send you some sample rolls to test on your printer(s). We use their polyester films for high-temp applications and it prints very nicely on our UV printers.

JBurton

Signtologist
Probably just a new sales rep ready to get a nice account, 30 rolls/mo would no doubt be a pretty good one.
Flexcon owns Arlon fwiw, so I'd imagine their stuff rolls out of the same factory. From what I recall Flexcon was more into super wide format or whatever printers over 5' are called.

S4mxdotcom

Flexcon was making ALL of the motocross print and laminates at one point. They make or used to make Convex's materials and own Arlon. We used to use the 8000 from Arlon. The formula that Convex uses is one of the few thick vinyls that is stable and will not shrink as quickly as others do. I would ask for a sample roll or a couple . One to run on each type of printer you have if you have multiple types. If you are using Substance , your profiles will be pretty close to begin with depending on which material they are offering. the Arlon 8200X is similar to the Substance with the air release backing , but only available in 54" wide. I would guess that Flexcon has a similar material being the owner of Arlon.