• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexi 21 Continuous Cutting on Graphtec FC9000

ubeny

Hi All - I've been snooping around here for a little while now trying to learn as much as I can from you smart professionals however, I have a couple of issues I can't seem to get figured out... and they may be related actually. I've even spoken with SAi however to no avail. Please forgive me if it has been addressed some other time... I wasn't able to find it.

So if I print a particular label and tell Flexi 21 to repeat the job say 5 times, it assigns all 5 jobs the same barcode (1st issue). When I go to cut the job on the Graphtec FC9000, first the cutter warns me that 5 jobs have the same barcode and asks if I still want to start data link. When I say yes, instead of reading and cutting the 2nd job after cutting the first, it reads the barcode, stops and prompts me to choose the next job to cut (2nd issue). I guess I should also say that, the cutter stops and prompts me to choose even if I print 2 different jobs with different barcodes... so in hindsight, they might not be related.

My apologies if I'm not explaining this properly as I'm still getting used to Flexi 21, the Graphtec and quite frankly my HP365 for that matter. All that to say, it's quite possibly user error here! :)

Any help you can offer is appreciated!

Joe House

You could just do 5 repeats in the same job and it would read the barcode only once. But if it's a larger job, then you can just send the job 5 times and delete 4 of the jobs in the plotter queue.

Good Luck

ubeny

You could just do 5 repeats in the same job and it would read the barcode only once. But if it's a larger job, then you can just send the job 5 times and delete 4 of the jobs in the plotter queue.

Good Luck
Thank you for your reply/suggestion Joe... Much appreciated Sir!

Actually, what I figured out was that (it appears) the continuous operation feature does not work using the segmented area reg marks. As soon as I changed 4 point type, it started reading jobs continuously without stopping and works great. However, there are times where I have the print the same label in different quantities and the cutter will stop and want me to choose. Once its past those, it goes back to cutting non-stop.