• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 22 creating red outline and printing it

AHornback

Just up dated to HP Flexi 22 last week and now it wants to print a red outline around random items in the art. Using Corel to design in. Flexi 22 HP315 latex printer. This is the same file We could print with Flexi 12 the week before with no issues. Also other files now have a red outline or "red" fill. where it should be white. Any help
1685541716328.png

BCP

You may have to pull up the "fill/stroke editor" box (it's under the "view" tab at the very top of the screen). Click the object with the red outline then click the pencil icon in fill/stroke editor and see if a line appears in the style section. Click the clear button if one appears. My new flexi puts random lines sometimes also and that always fixes it. I'm not sure what else it might be.

AHornback

So far nothing has worked. we are printing these in version 12 now. Someone suggested it is the RIP engine that Flexi is now using. Hopefully they get it fixed or I just wasted a bunch of money.

weyandsign

If you open the design in Flexi 22, what does it show those red outlines to be exactly? Are they stroke lines or objects? What color does it show them to be in the color mixer?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Is it possible that's a raster effect like a drop shadow or outer glow that somehow got corrupted? The image isn't super high res so I can't tell when I zoom in but it looks like a raster effect. If it is, you might try to delete it and redo the effect.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
In the other thread I noted that Flexi has indeed changed the RIP engine in major version changes but I do not think that is related to this issue... if that were the case there would be quite a number of users posting here all having the same problem and v22 has been out for some time now.
That being said I've also encountered things in Flexi before like a masked vector shadow with transparency (in other words a fairly complex object also mixed in with lots of other complex objects) when viewed in Design, selected then sent to Production Manager and when you pull the preview in PM the shadow is missing (and will not be in the print). Rarely happens but annoying if something like that does occur. Have also seen contour cuts doubled when copy/pasting before and with v21 I did see a couple of times where a stroke color would change.

It could very well be the RIP engine itself but it seems unlikely as the RIP engine is more what produces the final output in PM unless the RIP engine is also used in Designer to interpret, bring files in, and manipulate them in Designer.