• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi and Mimaki print/cut

Beatnik1065

So I recently purchased a Mimaki CG-130fx to go with my Mimaki JV3-160s. I'm currently running Flexi 10.5 and have no problems with the printer. However I'm having a hard time with printing something and than cutting out out on the plotter.

If I try to add the job to the plotter it says 'Cannot move job because of different setup'

Any ideas would be helpful

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You do not need fine cut at all. Check that the cutter is setup right in production manager. I check back in here in the morning.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Ok - I'm assuming you were already printing fine on the JV3.

Again - you do not in any way need Mimaki Fine Cut if you have FlexiSign Pro. First make sure the cutter is connected to the computer via USB and you installed the Windows drivers for it and Windows sees it in Windows Device manager. If so load a scrap of anything in the cutter then in Production Manager add the cutter as another setup, if it gives multiple USB ports like USB001 or something you might have to pick one to begin with. Once it's there and has a check you can right click it on the line that is checked and try to send a test cut. This part must work. If that works then it's just a matter of setting the Default Job properties. I always had the "cutter options" button all shut off and set those from the cutter itself. Other then that - back in FlexiSign open something, click it and add a contour cut. Click it like you are going to print, should be a cutter tab on the Rip and Print dialog box. Make sure the registration mark is (going by memory on this as I do not have a Mimaki CG-FX cutter anymore) set to Mimaki type 2 and it is set as "send as separate jobs". Should print and the cut job should be sitting in Production Manager with a hold status. The load the print on the cutter, align it to the first mark, then send the job from Production Manager. It shoudl find all 4 corners and cut away.

Beatnik1065

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

As of right now I can print fine. I will try your suggestions and post back here...

Again thank you very much

Beatnik1065

Figured it out.... Thank you very much. Problem was the contur cut and it's "mimaki type 1" marks. Didn't need fine cut at all.

CFG11

can you be more specific on what you did to fix this? I have a new cjv 150-130. I can't get it to cut correctly in flexi. All I get is a c10 error and it cuts through the backing paper.

Michael63

Hi Team, Having similar issues running Flexi sign 12,
Roland SG 300 printer all good via veraworks dual,
trying to add a Mimaki CG 60SR111 to same, can connect via USB , can test cut, from production manager, cant cut any design from flexisign , after clicking cut/send icon ,says production manager times out,
any ideas??

Last edited:

Motox917

can you be more specific on what you did to fix this? I have a new cjv 150-130. I can't get it to cut correctly in flexi. All I get is a c10 error and it cuts through the backing paper.
Hello cfg11.. what state are you located in? thanksmark