• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi gradient drop out problem

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Has anyone run into the issue with gradients dropping out of the production manager when a layout is sent at 100% size but prints correctly when scaled down?
I ran a color check of the file for the customer at about 5% of the full size and it was good.
When I sent the full sized print I got solid colors for all the gradients,

This is with an eps file everything still vector.
Pretty simple file with no transparency or effects other than a few 2 color radial gradients.

I have run into this before but I don't know what triggers it.

The file was built in Corel X5 but I have run into the same thing with files out of CS3.
I am running Flexi 8.6 on win7 64.

I fixed it by sending it as tiff instead but what tweaked me a little was that I didn't catch the problem until after I had about 6 ft of 180c v3 on the take up reel.
I sent another part of the same layout prior to this and it was about 10ft of gradient filled text outlines - without the dropout issue.

I have been getting some pretty clean smooth gradients out of the Flexi rip so I'd like to keep sending them as vector'd eps files instead of tiffs if I can head off the issue before too much material ends up in the waste can.
Any ideas?

wayne k
guam usa