• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi not showing contour cut

Jeezy93

I've had this problem on two separate occasions now and I was hoping someone could help me. Whenever I try to set a contour cut they just seem to not populate, but if I were to use ellipse or rectangle those show up just not contour.
Contour cut not populating .png

Bill DiStasio

I use flexi regularly to design, print and cut our product labels. I cut the labels and then I perforate a quarter inch out so we can keep the ones we don't use for later. Anyway when 21 came out it screwed it all up. Everytime I try to do both now in the same rip, I can't save the settings. When I adjust one of the cuts it changes the settings of the first cut on the list, so I never know what I'll get. I've stopped adding the perf because it can't handle both. Even just one cut path, sometime it won't lower the knife but traces the whole job. I've spent hours on the phone and remote support and they get it to work somehow once and then it reverts back to the same old ways. I have started using onyx to rip and cut until they figure it out. I think the issue you are having is part of the same problem. Maybe they will see this and figure out how to fix it. I have even totally wiped my drive and reloaded the software and it still the same thing.

karst41

I've had this problem on two separate occasions now and I was hoping someone could help me. Whenever I try to set a contour cut they just seem to not populate, but if I were to use ellipse or rectangle those show up just not contour. View attachment 155223
This is likely a user setting.

Did you print these in the previous version of FS?
If so what is different in the settings? The previous version setting should migrate without issue.

If the 12 labels are to be individually cut I would think that they are ganged up too tight.

Ungroup the 12 labels, and open up the ganging a bit an select each individual label and apply a contour cut to each individual label. and uncheck "With Holes"
I arrive at this because I do not see the grey contour line around each label.

With the 12 contours applied, you can now select all twelve and Go to RIP
when you select the Contour cut function you should only see the 12 circles.

I do hope this helps, If not please continue the topic. I been at it a long long time and
still learning every day.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
I just posted this on another thread yesterday:

In Flexi:

For contouring and perf cutting, we convert both lines to Contour Cuts, then edit the perf cut line in the fill/stroke editor to fuchsia and customize the dashes and gaps. When you RIP and print, just make sure to tell Flexi to pause between colors so that you can change the knife setup - this varies widely on your cutter setup.
1630676822322.png
1630676828125.png

Bill DiStasio

I just posted this on another thread yesterday:

In Flexi:

For contouring and perf cutting, we convert both lines to Contour Cuts, then edit the perf cut line in the fill/stroke editor to fuchsia and customize the dashes and gaps. When you RIP and print, just make sure to tell Flexi to pause between colors so that you can change the knife setup - this varies widely on your cutter setup.
View attachment 155242 View attachment 155243

This is likely a user setting.

Did you print these in the previous version of FS?
If so what is different in the settings? The previous version setting should migrate without issue.

If the 12 labels are to be individually cut I would think that they are ganged up too tight.

Ungroup the 12 labels, and open up the ganging a bit an select each individual label and apply a contour cut to each individual label. and uncheck "With Holes"
I arrive at this because I do not see the grey contour line around each label.

With the 12 contours applied, you can now select all twelve and Go to RIP
when you select the Contour cut function you should only see the 12 circles.

I do hope this helps, If no

Bill DiStasio

Unfortunately all of that has been done. You can also set the contour using conditions and edit settings of the cut in production manager. The problem is that production manager is unable to cut more than one contour alone. When others are added the first one takes on the settings no matter which line you edit. Flexi support can't figure it out either.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Unfortunately all of that has been done. You can also set the contour using conditions and edit settings of the cut in production manager. The problem is that production manager is unable to cut more than one contour alone. When others are added the first one takes on the settings no matter which line you edit. Flexi support can't figure it out either.
Ah. Did they have you reset your preferences?

Northern Design

Northern Design Graphics
This started in Flexi 19 they have me upgrade to ver 20, 21, 21.1, 22 and 22.2 still 50% not getting last leg of crop mark. This has cost a lot of money in materials and time.
They have been on my computer many times never resolved