• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Opens One Note When Cutting

RustyNZ

Whenever I cut something from Flexi 19 on my computer it opens up Microsoft One Note, my file still cuts it's just One Note pops up telling me it is cleaning up from the last time it was open. I've also had a customer report this issue in the past.

It doesn't really cause an issue it just means my computer chimes at me when I cut and this One Note task shows up. I could probably uninstall and reinstall but just thought I'd see if anyone knew a fix for it.

It does not happen when I RIP and print. The port for the cutter in Production Manager is set to the IP of the cutter, it's not like it's set to some weird One Note printer or something.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
I believe OneNote uses a virtual printer driver 'port'. Check Printers & Devices in windows and change the port OneNote uses

RustyNZ

I believe OneNote uses a virtual printer driver 'port'. Check Printers & Devices in windows and change the port OneNote uses
You got me on the right track, thanks. I just deleted the Onenote virtual printers and it seems to have fixed it. Still seems odd to me as both the Onenote virtual printers ports were set to Onenote ports and my Flexi software had my cutter set to it's IP not to one of those virtual ports.

In any case, deleting those virtual printers fixed it. I don't actually use Onenote so shouldn't bother me.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
You got me on the right track, thanks. I just deleted the Onenote virtual printers and it seems to have fixed it. Still seems odd to me as both the Onenote virtual printers ports were set to Onenote ports and my Flexi software had my cutter set to it's IP not to one of those virtual ports.

In any case, deleting those virtual printers fixed it. I don't actually use Onenote so shouldn't bother me.

You're welcome. I had this happen to me several times over the years. We use Graphtec/Vinyl Express plotters that are connected to USB, but I figured it was a similar issue.

RustyNZ

Grrr, issue returned, One Note kindly added those virtual printers back to my computer. I'll keep looking for another solution in spare time and post up if I find it.