• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Pro - disappointed

Morph1

Print all
BULLLLLLLLLSHIIIIIIII***********

Biggest load of bull ever. Flexi is horrible at importing other files. Bring in a pdf, it screws it up. Bring in a cdr file, usually freezes, bring in a .eps, usually ok, but 20% chance it will just freeze and have to reboot. Bring in too new of a ai. file, freezes and you gotta reboot.

I have FlexiPro, love it as a RIP program, works great for getting files ready to print and cut. I'd rather pull my hair out with tweezers than use it for a design program though. No joke, it's that bad.

Found the trick is save everything as ai. 3, import to flexi (as long as there are no raster objects) and then just set contours, setup... print... bam.

Still always is freezing, shutting down etc. Weird, oddball stuff.

sorry mate but PDF is a garbage format itself.....
I hate it so much i wish Adobe left the vector world alone and just supported bitmap editting as that is their pot of gold and I fully agree with.

in regards to Flexi I don't mind it , it works..., however for maximum efficiency I also design everything in Corel Draw or PS,
and only use Flexi for printing / cutting,
I am only disappointed with the most current versions , well scanvecversion , that they took liniearization out , this was so usefull for printing translucent media..., I still use flexi 7.6 for translucent and anything above for straight print...

Cheers !

meltsner

Please, my brother, make sure you send something thru this printer to keep the heads wet and not let the printhead get dry and clog up. You will want to pluck out your eyes with a spork the first time you realize it's been a week and a half since you printed anything and you have to spend the next days or weeks of your life trying to bring your printer back to life.

Somehow I missed all the recent replies....

Indeed, I've heard of horror stories here and there! The printer is getting used more and more and rarely sits for more than, say, four days without printing something. I'm going to keep playing with the program (best import options, etc.), seeing what's best.
Thanks!

Stealth Ryder

It's just as good as any other of the design programs out there, just depends on how good you are with all the design programs out there. Different people have different aptitudes for different things... If you like it use it, if you don't then don't... Pretty simple huh...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
"It's just as good as any other of the design programs out there"
Dollar for dollar as a design tool it is not as good as many of the other design programs out there costing far less.
As a production tool for ripping and plotting it works.

wayne k
guam usa

Stealth Ryder

You know what they say abour opinions right? Everybody has one... Like I said, if you are not quite as talented with one then use the other... If you are talented with then other, then use it... It is in fact a matter of choice and the final result is the deciding factor...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Stealth your are correct about opinions, I was just posting mine right under yours.

A brick and a hammer can both drive a nail.
Even if they were both equally talented at driving nails with their chosen tool I'd be more likely to hire the guy who owns the hammer to build my roof.
But that's just me.

wayne k
guam usa