• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Production Manager turning artwork

danno

I need professional help. I am familiar with Adobe, ONYX, Summa, Epson, Seiko, HP, Mimaki and need help with Flexi. I have only been using Flexi about 2 months. I have been self educating via their You Tube channel. I am using Flexi as a RIP & Print only. Flexi periodically takes my print files and turns them 90°. Has any one else had this happen to them? I am attempting to print a 49"w x 60"h print on 54" material. Flexi then turns the panel 90° to print. I have saved files as .ai, .pdf and .jpg. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have versions 12 and 21 on this PC. It happens with both programs.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In the layout screen there is a little button with the image of a little man on it. That is how you rotate the image. Flexi just uses the last one you chose so sometimes it's not the right orientation.

danno

Thank you for the update. What happens if I haven't been rotating images in Flexi? I have all files set up to the correct orientation in Illustrator or Photoshop.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank you for the update. What happens if I haven't been rotating images in Flexi? I have all files set up to the correct orientation in Illustrator or Photoshop.

Go into your default job settings window in production manager and set the little man icon to show him upright. Then click the "Set Defaults" button in the bottom right corner. That will make sure every job you bring in will be set to the original orientation. I bet it just got clicked by accident.

danno

I think I have solved it. I went into the default job setting in production manager. Little man icon showing upright. I look around and see if there could be any other possibilities. Can't find anything. I step away from computer and eat an ice cream sandwich, (M&M if you have to know). I change radio stations. I reproduce all files in Illustrator and save as .pdf. I bring each file into Flexi Sign. I RIP & print and recheck settings. Little man still upright. Printer switched from bi-directional to unidirectional. Switch to bi-directional. Press send. When job arrives in Production Manager, I recheck settings. All is good. I follow same procedure for all files. All files now oriented correctly and in the process of printing.

karst41

Be real careful with Rotation.

On a large Layout If you rotate to Portriat to conserve media and then
rotate to Landscape to conserve Media. You can easily have a color mismatch.

With a printer that has a built in spectrophotometer, runing with color correction,
probably not an issue, but are you going to risk that with IJ180c with luster lam?

I have bid on some contracts (last bidder,,,, love these bids)
Client ask why one section was a different value to the other section.

The other bidders can not explain with a certianty. But when you tell them about dot gain and a 90 deg rotation,,,, yeah they now understand and you get to submit a quote.
Now you get to print One to prove yourself.
You are now "The Guy" and are printing 500 53' trailer wraps.

Happens all the time.

Cheers

Saturn

Aging Member
It's not just the little person-silhouette/rotate in Setup>Default Job Properties screen, but also more importantly the 'Rotate Image to Fit Media' check box under Setup>Setup Properties. This seems to be checked by default on new installs and can be hard to catch immediately as most things will probably orient correctly naturally as you've set them up, but there will be cases where you have close something that's height is close to the width of the material and it decides you can save a quarter inch by rotating things for you... So it will not do it every time, making it frustrating to correct permanently.