• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi question

artofacks1

Hello, can you guys tell me how to change the force and where to have this thick 20 mil decal cut using Flexi?

jimdtg

I guess that's Setting Cutter Driver Options. The settings available in the Cutter Driver Options vary according to your output device.

What Flexi version are you using there?

artofacks1

I guess that's Setting Cutter Driver Options. The settings available in the Cutter Driver Options vary according to your output device.

What Flexi version are you using there?
Flexi 21

I did a test cut in production matter but not sure how to change settings there. Today I am going to try to make a square and triangle how omega does their test print shape. And try to send it from the rip and cut instead.

one thing about Flexi is that there is like 3 places to change that at and I’m not sure where to do it. So far all test prints don’t use my custom settings and I’m really confused.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Not knowing what flavor of plotter you're wrangling, this may or may not apply. It does for a Graphtec and I would assume for other real plotters as well.

Don't set plotter parameters programmatically. Tell your plotter not to pay any attention to any setup commands sent to it and then set the plotter itself to whatever way you want it. Doing it this way allows one and only one way to set plotter parameters. A Good Thing.

Rusty B

I used a graphtec f8600 to cut helmet decals that were 20-21 mil with the 1.5 blade instead of the .09 and although it did the job it always left blade marks and would scratch the print. For the blade to be out the length it needed to be the material would bow up and the blade would drag. I fashioned a bed to cut on to eliminate this by taping coroplast and supporting it but it was still hard to work. I finally built a cnc and 3D printed a drag knife and I cut all my helmet decals on it now. Thick material is a challenge to cut on roll to roll plotters. It’s better suited for a flatbed. And as others have said use the plotter itself to set the cutting parameters. For my f8600 I’d use condition 1 for say oracal 651,751 951 and then for print and lam jobs I’d use condition 2 and those 18-21 mil thick decals I’d use condition 3.

artofacks1

Figured it out gents.

I did it programmatically in rip and cut, saved a preset as well so I can choose it quick when I need it.