• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Registration Marks for Multiple Images?

gigaturbo

Hey I just got my Mimaki cjv175-75 and now playing with it! So excited! One question I have is if I print multiple different graphics on the same run and rip it with reg marks (type II), the reg marks that come in and scan are allll the way on bottom and top and I feel that the cut can suffer for such a long scan stretch if that makes sense. I see I can turn on separate reg marks but only works if it is the same graphic and copied on the page. Does anyone have any magic that can work for more accurate cuts on a longer job?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As long as the registration marks are read without error, the cut should be accurate. If it's not, the print/cut alignment needs to be done. Also make sure your pinch rollers are as evenly spaced out as possible and make sure there are rollers on the edges of the material.

gigaturbo

ah thank you, I think the right most pinch roller was only partially on the roll that may be the issue. There is also an intermediate registration mark option in flexi I tried it but they middle registration marks are not read when cutting

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
If I go on a run thats longer than about 100 inches, I usually have problems with a little walking on the plotter.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If I go on a run thats longer than about 100 inches, I usually have problems with a little walking on the plotter.
Something I see on these models a lot is the pinch rollers drift away from their proper position over the grit part of the grit roller so it causes drag on the vinyl when it's feeding. Make sure all of your pinch rollers are between the designated areas. But Mimaki does say after about 8 feet you can expect some accuracy issues in the length direction.

gigaturbo

Wow thanks for all of the insight into this it truly helps so much to see that I'm not going crazy chasing the issue! Keeping the roller on the grit portion and the vinyl 100% under the roller does seem to help, as well as keeping the job down to some size length as well, thank s so much!