• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID Please

Having a hard time finding this font. Thank you for the help in advance.

Attachments

• Parks-Trails-New-York-Cycle-the-Erie-Canal.png
    Parks-Trails-New-York-Cycle-the-Erie-Canal.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 210
I don't have a font name, but I feel like that might be a Letterhead font.
I looked at that site thinking the same thing, but didn't find anything that looked right, but they don't have a way to use your own words to check out the font. That's why I was hoping someone here would know.

The Hobbyist

Aw, heck! Just ask Fred to run it through his magnificent font ID program that he developed in a secret underground government laboratory in Antarctica 40 years ago. He is not shy about telling you that it doesn't need any improvement. So just buy the program for $49.00 and then EASILY identify that font!

Joe

Last edited:

Patentagosse

...but didn't find anything that looked right, but they don't have a way to use your own words to check out the font...
You mean a place where you type a word and change the typestyle 'til you find something good? If it's what you're looking for, I think they have this option... lemme check

The Hobbyist

I could easily create a DXF file for you in DesignEdge, but what do I know? I ain't one of them pro-feshnils like the other braggadocious guys here with DECADES of experience. I'm just a dumb old Kentucky redneck HOBBYIST who makes signs for FUN. Who would be stupid enough to turn to me for help?

Joe

The Hobbyist

Got it done! That was FUN!

Apparently I cannot upload a DXF file, so get your email address to me and I will send you the file.

Joe

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Got it done! That was FUN!

Apparently I cannot upload a DXF file, so get your email address to me and I will send you the file.

Joe
:clapping: You traced artwork. Good job. Now, what is he going to do if he needs to change the actual wording... in that typeface?

The Hobbyist

:clapping: You traced artwork. Good job. Now, what is he going to do if he needs to change the actual wording... in that typeface?
That typeface (A - Z and 0 - 9) DOES NOT EXIST. They created the sign with those specific letters ONLY, and that is ALL.

Now, I COULD create the entire typeface with no problem, including numbers and punctuation, based on the architecture of the existing letters, but I'll leave THAT to you "professionals." :notworthy: Oh, and since my time and effort was wasted on such a silly thing that is so unimpressive, I think I'll just keep that little DXF file to myself. Have a great day!

Joe

Attachments

• CYCLE THE ERIE CANAL.jpg
    CYCLE THE ERIE CANAL.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

The Hobbyist

You mean, what is he going to do when he deliberately violates the Copyright of the author of that typeface by making other signs using that type face without the knowledge of consent of the author? I don't know. I try to respect Copyrights.

Joe

Boudica

You mean, what is he going to do when he deliberately violates the Copyright of the author of that typeface by making other signs using that type face without the knowledge of consent of the author? I don't know. I try to respect Copyrights.

Joe
um... So what was the point in your tracing it? If he purchased the font then he wouldn't be violating anything.

The Hobbyist

um... So what was the point in your tracing it? If he purchased the font then he wouldn't be violating anything

I suggest he contact the people in charge of the bike trail, and have them put him in touch with the author of the font. Then he can see about getting permission to use it for FREE, or perhaps he can buy a license to use it in other projects. I doubt that they created an entire font set just for that sign though. I am guessing that what you see is what you get.

I traced it because I thought (wrongly, perhaps) that he needed to reproduce THAT SIGN ... for them. I was not thinking of him wanting to make other signs using that font. My bad. Anyway, he can track down the font's owner and deal with him or her directly. That is the crisp and clean way to use the font, after all.

I am amused though, by the willingness of "professionals" to use fonts, and type faces, and other artwork that all have a Copyright, without securing the legal Right to use them, and then still boast about their professionalism.

Joe

Boudica

You are clearly not playing with a full deck, and I don't want to be mean so, I'll leave this at that.