• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For those Getting New Win 10 Computers (or still getting Win 10 install ISOs)

WildWestDesigns

It looks like with the latest update of Win 10, that it is now requiring people to have MS Account in order to sign in. On Home versions, I think the work around is to make sure you are not connected to the internet when going through everything. For Pro users, can do a domain join. But I thought I would mention this for those that may be concerned. As most on here know, I certainly am not a fan of a non local account for the OS. Just another step towards OS as a service type of model, but I digress. So for those that are getting a new Win 10 computer (and I think these also applies to Win 11 as well now), may or may not be something to think about.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
I'm on Windows 10 Home with a local account, and am all up to date as far as I know, I can still use the Microsoft Store as well.

Windows 10 Home
Version: 21H1
Build: 19043.1288
Experience: 120.2212.3920.0

I've upgraded to Windows 11 at Home, but I use a Microsoft Account so I am not sure if it was a requirement.

WildWestDesigns

I only think it's going to be on new installs with Win 10 (store bought and/or ISO downloads for fresh installs etc), not with ones that are already installed/activated.

Win 11 it's required from the get go.

Now one thing to note, on Win 10, for individual users to get Enterprise edition, that is actually a subscription and have to use an account for that. That's the only way for most individual users to get an Enterprise version that do not meet the license number requirement for Enterprise. And that's been a thing long before now. I have less of an issue with that, compared to the Home version and it being a requirement.