• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fred...

qmr55

I like the new second bar! I liked it where you had it at first...above where it says "Welcome, qmr55". That way there is a bar above and below!

Looks great...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I like the new second bar! I liked it where you had it at first...above where it says "Welcome, qmr55". That way there is a bar above and below!

Looks great...

I agree it looks more balanced there but it's easier to miss.

qmr55

It's bothering me that the bottom nav bar has a white inline and the top one doesn't....

ProWraps

hey fred. love the change. looks great. it is a bit conspicuous. but im glad its there. thanks for doing it.

qmr55

What are you all talking about...am I missing something?

Fred added a new nav bar above the old one...well above the info bar on the top with the links to the forums you're in.

view pic...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 68

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What are you all talking about...am I missing something?

I added a second nav bar and am working towards doing away with the Main Menu. Just have to figure out why I'm losing a couple of links on the home page nav bar.

signage

Fred from home no search but when viewing post search appears! See attached screen shot.

Attachments

• Search.jpg
    Search.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 51

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred from home no search but when viewing post search appears! See attached screen shot.

Yes, I'm aware. I was up until 4:30 AM trying to figure out why it isn't appearing. At this point I have emailed a technician I've used in the past to try to figure out why. New Posts and Search are both missing from the Home page nav bar but appear correctly everywhere else. So if you need either link, just change to a page other than the Home page for access.

It started after I added the new second nav bar above the breadcrumb section. But removing the change did not result in it coming back.

Craig Sjoquist

Wow doing away with main menu rats I see that now most of it gone now I'll have to get use to some other way lol I for one like the main menu box .. But you must have a reason I do see the new bar added and location changes so I'll wait and see how it goes.
This forum has changed alot in the last couple years shifting towards print issues mainly.
IT is interesting to watch.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Wow doing away with main menu rats I see that now most of it gone now I'll have to get use to some other way lol I for one like the main menu box .. But you must have a reason I do see the new bar added and location changes so I'll wait and see how it goes.
This forum has changed alot in the last couple years shifting towards print issues mainly.
IT is interesting to watch.

Yes, the new nav bar will replace the Main Menu because some members didn't seem to know it was there. This is more prominent and will also allow me to reclaim that space for other things.

You're correct that the nature of the biz is changing in favor of print.

qmr55

Hey Fred did you try creating a new style? Make it have no parent style. Then try looking at the forum that way, see if it still throws the problem. If it doesn't throw the problem then the cause is something in your template. If not then it could be from a mod or ad on if you have added any new ones recently?

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Hehe... I'm so used to ignoring the top of the page I didn't even notice any difference til I read this thread...