• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuji Acuity LED 48 OVERSPRAY!

tonerone

Hi guys and gals we have Fuji Acuity UV flatbed printer. We have had nothing but problems with this thing for over 2 years. When trying to print on gatorboard we get overspray. See the knockout areas. We turn on the static bar and it's much worse. Our humidity is around 55%. Boards have been acclimated for 48 hours. We have tried using anti-static spray, unidirectional and alcohol. Any ideas......???? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1409.jpg
    IMG_1409.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1414.jpg
    IMG_1414.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1411.jpg
    IMG_1411.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1413.jpg
    IMG_1413.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 123

ToTo

Professional Support
Which model you have?
I remember in the past that on some machines the carriage bottom plate was not well isolated to machine ground, which caused this kind of static buildup. This affects also dirtiness of bottom plate. If this is the case, let a technician install the isolation.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Which model you have?
I remember in the past that on some machines the carriage bottom plate was not well isolated to machine ground, which caused this kind of static buildup. This affects also dirtiness of bottom plate. If this is the case, let a technician install the isolation.
He said LED, so they're the newest ones. That fix was for earlier models and included on the last few generations.

Is there static when it's finished printing? You can usually feel it.
is the carriage height correct?
does it happen on any other stock?

Hahnprinting

While he did say LED in his subject line, he also mentioned he was having this issue for over 2 years. The new LED versions have not been out that long.

ToneRone, - what ink set are you using? That can contribute to the overspray. Assuming head height is correct? Any nozzle outs, or head issues?

tonerone

He said LED, so they're the newest ones. That fix was for earlier models and included on the last few generations.

Is there static when it's finished printing? You can usually feel it.
is the carriage height correct?
does it happen on any other stock?
Hi, The height is right at the board level. On paper and foamcore is prints great. I don't feel any static but a previous operator would get shocked by the table all the time. If I had hair I would be pulling it out!

tonerone

While he did say LED in his subject line, he also mentioned he was having this issue for over 2 years. The new LED versions have not been out that long.

ToneRone, - what ink set are you using? That can contribute to the overspray. Assuming head height is correct? Any nozzle outs, or head issues?
Ink set meaning production or quality? I have tried both. Nozzles and head are fine. I know it's static!!!! I am told the table is grounded.

Today I tried:
Board acclimated.
Sprayed anti-static on the table.
Wiped the board with a swifter.
Humidity at 55%
Moist rag on Gantry.

Hahnprinting

Ink set meaning production or quality? I have tried both. Nozzles and head are fine. I know it's static!!!! I am told the table is grounded.

Today I tried:
Board acclimated.
Sprayed anti-static on the table.
Wiped the board with a swifter.
Humidity at 55%
Moist rag on Gantry.
What I meant with inkset it is.
Are you running Fuji ink or third party ink?
If Fuji, is is KI,KA,KN ??

Hahnprinting

Got it, know I know which machine you have.
Did you buy this new?
Have you reached out to tech support?
Do you get overspray on other materials?