• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FujiFilm AcuityLED 1600 - Chip Resetter

Robert Wardle

I have a FujiFilm Acuity LED 1600. The chips on the ink cartridges are expiring before I can use the inks. I am wondering if anyone knows how to reset the chips.

I noticed that the chips are the same that Mimaki uses and I can find chip resetters on Mimaki. So I am also wondering if these chip resetters will work on Fuji

Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks

AlsEU

What about the ink itself? You can't change the production date of the ink, so when it is more than a year old, it may be dangerous for the heads. Do you want to risk? One pouch of each colour per year seems not too much to pay.

Robert Wardle

What about the ink itself? You can't change the production date of the ink, so when it is more than a year old, it may be dangerous for the heads. Do you want to risk? One pouch of each colour per year seems not too much to pay.

Unfortunately its more than that. It seems the ink expires every three or four months.

AlsEU

Unfortunately its more than that. It seems the ink expires every three or four months.
No way. Inks for LED1600 has 12 months of shelf life, production date should be printed on the label. The expiration date is written on the chip, but it should be similar to the one printed on the label, so it's very easy to verify all pouches without unpacking (label in also on the cardboard box). Maybe your chips are running out of ink (the printer saves the consumption on the chip, so finally you may have "empty" chip with some ink remaining in the pouch). If this is the case, maybe you need to perform the Sending Adjust procedure... How old is your printer and when for the last time tubes from the ink pumps were replaced?

javagod

Manager
You can go into the printer and change the date on the printer which fools it into letting you use expired dates on the ink. I wouldn't recommend using very old ink, but a way to use up slightly expired ink.

ProColorGraphics

I think I would look for a different vendor who turns there stock faster
You get the ink directly from Fuji. From what I was told, they don't use a long shelf life. They like to make sure their ink is fresh and don't recommend stocking a bunch unless you are going to use it soon.