• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Furniture Transfers

jochwat

Graphics Department
(Not sure if this is actually considered a label or decal, but this seemed like the closest forum subject to post this)...

Is anyone here familiar with pressure-sensitive transfers / decor transfers used for furniture restoration / decoration? (e.g. ReDesign with Prima). I'm not entirely sure what process is used to create these. I would have originally guessed it was just a digital print on clear vinyl, but it doesn't appear that there is any cloud cut edging around the transfer art that I can see. Best I can equate it to is the decals one would get with a model car kit that you'd apply and slide with water. Anyone have any idea of the process that creates these?

Thanks!

Christian @ 2CT Media

These are Ink transfers. There is no carrier medium, some of them have a polymer "adhesive" coating applied to the ink that is activated by pressure and heat. I don't know the specific machines they are using but there are a few toner-based machines that can do this.

unclebun

Dry transfer or rub-on transfer. Like the Letraset rub on lettering we used to use for layout back in the day. The do-it-yourself area is full of vendors selling the transfer paper. You can even buy it at Staples. You print with regular desktop inkjet or laser printer (some brands don't work because of toner formulation) and then use a desktop laminator to laminate it. Here's one vendor: https://decalprofx.com/index.html