• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FX losing connecting mid job

stickersteve

I am pasting the problem my assistant is having sometimes while running jobs on her FX. Anyone else have this happen or heard of it?

It loses connection with the computer midway through a print job…once it loses connection, the job just stops printing. Sometimes a screen pops up on the computer that says “possible loss of connection with printer, try to reconnect?” I select yes and sometimes it reconnects and the job continues printing but most times it never reconnects. I have to cancel the job and restart the printer.

Adam.Foster

Check your subnet mask settings on the PC and the Edge FX they should both have the same numbers. If they are not the same change the Edge subnet mask so it matches the PC settings. (contact your IT department or PC tech for help doing this if your not sure how)
If they are the same check your network cables.
Does the Edge network cable go directly into the PC? (best option)
Does it go to a network hub/ switch? (2nd best option) is the PC connected to this same device?
Does it go to a wall jack? (unknown option could be good, could be the problem)

stickersteve

Check your subnet mask settings on the PC and the Edge FX they should both have the same numbers. If they are not the same change the Edge subnet mask so it matches the PC settings. (contact your IT department or PC tech for help doing this if your not sure how)
If they are the same check your network cables.
Does the Edge network cable go directly into the PC? (best option)
Does it go to a network hub/ switch? (2nd best option) is the PC connected to this same device?
Does it go to a wall jack? (unknown option could be good, could be the problem)
adam, thanks. she tried and checked all that. we are emailing gerber about it