• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gandi 3150x2 color shift

cwb143

One more question. This might should go in the color rip forum. But I'll ask it here anyway. It always seems that when I go to a repeat job it prints a slightly different color. Usually a stronger magenta is present than when I first did the job. Same settings and its always just a little different say I start one job and a month later I come back to it and I almost always have to make a density change to correct the color. Any Ideas as to whats causing this? Frustrating.
175% density is what Im using and 12 pass with 300x600 dipi.

miker

What temperature and humidity is the print environment and how much variation do you encounter?

We used to print jobs on our 3150 that were light gray and if you printed half the job Friday and half the job Monday they would be different because the temperature change where we were was bad. Additionally, and you running a sheet of color bar in the morning to get rid of all contamination in the color channels?

parrott

We outsource some flatbed printing to a company that runs a Gandi flatbed and the color has been different ever single time and no where near the specified PMS color. I guess it may be a common problem with the machine.

miker

both Gandsi I have ever used (3150x2 flatbed and 3318 solvent) seemed more influenced by temperature than other similar machines from different manufacturers.

cwb143

Good call on the temperature. I'll be taking notes and comparing the differences and see what I can come up with. I usually run a jet out but not everyday. sounds like I need to do that. Also Have you ever noticed magenta spraying into the yellow on a color chart? I have to print a couple before that goes away sometimes.

Thanks
CWB

cwb143

I believe I found the problem with the color shift and its in the profile.
I made a new profile and ripped the the job once with the old one and once with the new one. The new profile came out great. The old profile was much darker than it used to be. So that tells me the profile has shifted. Im still tracking temp and humidity but I think the profile was the culpret.:rock-n-roll: