• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help GCC Jaguar IV LCD Quit HELP!!

txhotrod

My Jaguar IV plotter this morning has decided to be a PIA, I turned it on to warm up and start the day. When I came back to load the media, the LCD screen was blank. Nothing works! I checked the fuse/breaker but it did nothing. Am I completely screwed here? Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to get it to turn on??
Thanks!

RustyNZ

My Jaguar IV plotter this morning has decided to be a PIA, I turned it on to warm up and start the day. When I came back to load the media, the LCD screen was blank. Nothing works! I checked the fuse/breaker but it did nothing. Am I completely screwed here? Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to get it to turn on??
Thanks!

May sound silly but check the simple things first, take the power cable from your computer or something and try that in case the cable is faulty, test it in another known working power point, make sure if you have a multi power board or something that hasn't tripped. If the screen doesn't come on and nothing at all happens (no fans etc) and you've checked those other things it's most likely either the fuse or power supply. You can't reset the fuse, it's a fuse not a circuit breaker and I think it's sealed. You can test it with a meter, if that's OK then most likely the power supply board, you could check if voltage is coming out of the board but I'd only suggest that if you know what you are doing or you might shock yourself.

If the cutter does turn on (you hear fans or whatever) but the LCD has nothing then it's not the fuse, power cable etc. First would be to try replace the LCD module, it's cheap and easy to replace you just peel it off and stick a new one on. If that doesn't work, could be the LCD control board, mainboard or power supply probably in that order of likeliness. Check all connections first as well.

txhotrod

OK, thanks for the suggestions.
Power cord is OK
nothing is happening, no fans no lights, so I believe it to be a fuse/circuit breaker issue. I tried pushing on it to reset it but nothing happened. Where is the fuse located? I assume on an end panel.

RustyNZ

OK, thanks for the suggestions.
Power cord is OK
nothing is happening, no fans no lights, so I believe it to be a fuse/circuit breaker issue. I tried pushing on it to reset it but nothing happened. Where is the fuse located? I assume on an end panel.

The thing you are pushing doesn't reset it. It sort of feels like it does something but it does nothing. The fuse is probably what you are pushing though, it's next to the power socket. To get to that you have to open the left side panel (I think it's left side that the power is on) you could then put a multi-meter across the fuse terminals and see if you have very low resistance or an open circuit (do that with the terminal connectors unplugged). Make sure power is unplugged from the machine before you open it. If you get a low resistance (should be less than 1ohm probably) then the fuse is fine.