• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gemini is starting to piss me off

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I ordered the exact same thing three times in the last two weeks...and all three have different prices. $1100, $1250 and $1400. I call and complain and no one there can do anything about it. Gemini is getting real funky on how they price stuff lately. You need to read those invoices carefully... I thought they had flat rate pricing on things but apparently it's up to whoever gets the order.

Rant over...:mad:

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
These are unprecedented times. Shipping from over seas has shot up due to the lack of delivery or manufacture due to covid. I deal with furniture and have seen crazy price increases and am bracing for a 4th hike form one vendor in less than a year by date. I have seen one sectional go from $558 to $878 and then back down to $788 within 2 weeks and it really makes it hard to remember what you have made when it happens to 5-10 sets and then repeats within weeks.

signage

All I can say is welcome to the new normal. Hang on it is going to be one hell of a ride for at least the next 4 years for us in the good ole USA!

Glavin_ID

Tex, similar thing happened to me a few months ago. I have been buying from Gemini for 15 years and when I first started, I learned how to use their catalog to quote non-custom jobs so I still use that process today. Quoted my customer based on the catalog pricing. Got the job, then went to get an official quote from Gemini so I could place the order. The quote from them was $500 more than what I calculated from the catalog. Fortunately, I was able to prove to them that I went from the catalog and my numbers were correct so they adjusted their quote to match my number. It felt like they were trying to rip me off. If I were to guess, the reps doing the quotes probably get some kind of commission or have a growth goal or something so quoting stuff higher benefits them. I don't blame the reps for that because I am sure someone above them told them to do it that way but for as big of a company as they are, you would think they had a consistent quoting system.

Reveal1

I've had good experience using their online pricing tools. You save the quote and then later turn it into an order. Not for every job, but works well for a surprising number of jobs.

Andy D

I ordered the exact same thing three times in the last two weeks...and all three have different prices. $1100, $1250 and $1400. I call and complain and no one there can do anything about it. Gemini is getting real funky on how they price stuff lately. You need to read those invoices carefully... I thought they had flat rate pricing on things but apparently it's up to whoever gets the order.

Rant over...:mad:

I have had a couple occasions where the same exact project was quoted by different people at Gemini for whatever reason & the two quotes
were anywhere from $50 to $200 different.
I am switching to A.R.K. Ramos, they're always less expensive, sometimes 30-40% & I deal with one lady & she's great.
I will PM you her contact info.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I have had a couple occasions where the same exact project was quoted by different people at Gemini for whatever reason & the two quotes
I am switching to A.R.K. Ramos, they're always less expensive, sometimes 30-40% & I deal with one lady & she's great.
thanks!

Johnny Best

So you must have gotten the lower price first and it kept on getting higher. Because you would not have been *****off if it was getting cheaper.
I to have never had a problem with them on reorders, but times are changing.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well, I talked to Gemini and apparently one person put the wrong measurements in, and another one added a discount that the other two didn't think I should of received.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
We've had this issue recently; Our client's second and third office wanted an identical dimensional interior sign, and the price kept changing. We contacted them and apparently they had quoted incorrectly the first time. I think they let us have a second the same price, but the third one they couldn't, or something like that.

Evan Gillette

As others have mentioned I think they are changing/developing their business and models to "reinvent" themselves. The quoting has definitely gotten less consistent in the last few years, I usually quote online and then send for a final quote before ordering. Usually the quote prepared by them is cheaper and I order that, otherwise I order the online quote. I realize not all projects are easy to quote online, but it's usually a good way to have a backup plan. I'm sure they are trying to prevent a mid-year price hike because of material prices as well.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well, they called me back a third time and told me the ACTUAL right cost should of been the most expensive one. This is all a game now. I still got the refund as they were not going to take that away since they already told me that...but come on man. I got a quote from another company and they were a little cheaper... might give them a shot next time.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

AK Ramos gave me a price of $970 all in and Gemini was $1400 Good chunk of savings! Going to use them on the next order...thanks for the heads up on this one.