• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

General Formulation’s cheap 54” matte better than Oracal 3640

tedbragg

At least for us — I’ve battled Oracal’s 3640 rolls and its awful puckering and crinkling for years. The backing liner absorbs humidity like TOILET PAPER.

A week ago Grimco substituted a roll of General Formulation’s cheap matte stuff and OH MAH GAWD… no issues. Didn’t have to babysit our Roland XR640. Heavier backing did the trick. Of course NOW our suppliers can’t keep GF’s stuff in stock so back to toilet paper for me

If you can find it, try out a roll. Reminds me of Briteline’s 6mil matte but without the spindle-breaking weight

• Agree
Reactions: S2S

victor bogdanov

Yes I use a ton of this stuff for labels, indoor decals and temp outdoor stuff. Hard to beat $135 for 60" x 150ft roll (I have to buy a 50 rolls at a time for that price) and prints/cuts/works great for economical stuff

tulsagraphics

Arlon 510MT is great (no tunneling) and I get some amazing colors with it too. Haven't tried "Econo GF" yet... what series is that?

S2S

Oracle liners are way to thin!!!!!..been that way for years hence why we do not use the films....step up oracal, Get on board...however you want to put it. Tried them...Curls on every product

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Curious which series this is. We love their 203 series.

Weirdly we prefer the oracal 210 over the GF lam because the GF backing tends to tear a lot…

S2S

Curious which series this is. We love their 203 series.

Weirdly we prefer the oracal 210 over the GF lam because the GF backing tends to tear a lot…
201 for calenderd for indoor never outdoor...their new cast films for outdoor..although we use 3M 180 consistently for outdoor

FastMat

Yes I use a ton of this stuff for labels, indoor decals and temp outdoor stuff. Hard to beat $135 for 60" x 150ft roll (I have to buy a 50 rolls at a time for that price) and prints/cuts/works great for economical stuff
Where do you get that price? For which Rolls?