• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Dimension 200 - Skipping

SigSignsMT

Hello CNC experts, I need your help.

I recently picked up a Gerber Dimension 200 that is working in conjunction with another router that we run (not a Gerber).

I have been having a couple hiccups, where it seams to skip or get held up, or stop processing. I'm not sure if it's hardware related or if it is the brains of the outfit.

Things I have tried:
Removed X,Y,Z Axis screws and thoroughly cleaned and re-greased with White lithium.
Blew out the Black box and checked all connections
Checked all Stepper motor connections and added a small amount of Dielectric grease.
Cleaned the rails; everything moves like butter and doesn't feel like I am hanging up on anything.

I am going to do some more taring down; but I wanted to check with this knowledgeable group before I waste any more time.

Description of the job is to make cement stamps, where I have to do a rather large cleanout with reversed lettering out of white PVC.

Pictures attached of my hiccup; they happen randomly and in different spots with any type of file sent. Sometimes they will run flawlessly for a while, then another hiccup and I lose the job.

Attachments

• GerberCNC20210723_162439.jpg
    GerberCNC20210723_162439.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 275
  • GerberCNC20210723_131800.jpg
    GerberCNC20210723_131800.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 177